Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Elverias

Freezes /w video source open

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello there, first of all, please excuse my english.

I've now since around 2 weeks a new m.2 nvme SSD (Kingston A2000 1TB). I did a clean install of Win10 Pro and had every of my data on my 2 HDD's and my old OS drive, which is a SATA SSD. In that time I also changed my GPU from a GTX 1080 to a temporary GTX 1550ti and added some case fans. Since that, my PC randomly freezes for seconds and the mouse isn't moving. It happens only so far while having a video source open (chrome /w YouTube, Twitch, Twitter vids etc. pp.). I haven’t played much yet but in the 2-3 hours i’ve played i didn’t recognize anything.I can't tell if the current Win10 build is the reason, because before i switched to the nvme, there was a new update.

I did another clean install since I removed the GPU for a day and after plugging it in again, I was stuck in a bluescreen loop. So I left the GPU removed, did first of all the driver installs, plugged it in again and no more bluescreen there but still the freezes.

After 2 weeks now i’ve changed 3 day ago the GPU to a RTX 2080 Super since i thought it’s because of thermals or just a bad card. Well .. here we are. 

Any advice?

PC current setup:

Mainboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-A

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K

GPU: RTX 2080 SUPER

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600MHz

PSU: Corsair HX850i

NVMe SSD: Kingston A2000 1TB (CrystalDiskInfo: "Good", 30°c)

SSD: Intenso 250GB (CrystalDiskInfo: "Good", N/A°c)

HDD 1: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB (CrystalDiskInfo: "Good", 27°c)

HDD 2: Western Digital Blue 2TB (CrystalDiskInfo: "Good", 28°c)

Edit: Since i wrote this the first time - the health status of my SATA SSD has changed from 100% to 88% via CrystalDiskInfo and i'm pretty sure this happend within the last few days. Dunno if this mean something.

8 minutes ago, Elverias said:

10.0.1904 Build 19041

Can you post the BSoD minidumps here? I can analyze them and see if I can find a problem that might help us fix this

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

15 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Can you post the BSoD minidumps here? I can analyze them and see if I can find a problem that might help us fix this

Sure. Just need to check what it is and how to get the information 😅

7 minutes ago, Elverias said:

Sure. Just need to check what it is and how to get the information 😅

These dumps are created at %SystemRoot%Minidump.dmp (C:\Window\Minidump.dump if 😄 is the system drive)

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

These dumps are created at %SystemRoot%Minidump.dmp (C:\Window\Minidump.dump if 😄 is the system drive)

I can't found it but it would just be there if i'd a bsod lately, right? After i had the bsod loop, i did another clean install. Guess i mixed up something 😅

21 minutes ago, Elverias said:

I can't found it but it would just be there if i'd a bsod lately, right? After i had the bsod loop, i did another clean install. Guess i mixed up something 😅

Yes, they are only there if you get a BSoD. But changing video cards shouldn't cause that...

26 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yes, they are only there if you get a BSoD. But changing video cards shouldn't cause that...

Than i can't provide it because of the clean install i  did after the bsod loop.

I know. Before I changed to the m.2 SSD and so on, everything worked absolutely flawless for around 2 years. So, maybe it's the current Win10 build, maybe the m.2 SSD .. I also changed the PSU. idk. 

2 minutes ago, Elverias said:

maybe the m.2 SSD

If you remove that, and just use a SSD for the OS, what happens?

On 9/29/2020 at 7:17 PM, Radium_Angel said:

If you remove that, and just use a SSD for the OS, what happens?

I've done a few things at a time ..

I did another clean install but removed every other drive. I haven't installed the drivers by myself but let it done within a windows update. Plugged in the hard drive to get my backups and to use the storage. Since my 250GB SSD was on 88% through CrystalDiskInfo and was on 1°c i left it removed and i think this causes the stutter because i'd not a single stutter since then. Before: every 1-3 hours a stutter for 2-5sec.I still don't know how this could happen because there was just a few games installed which i haven't played but everything seems to work now as intended.

Thank you for your help :)