Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, my CPU was running a little hot. Attempted replacing thermal paste, unscrewed cooler, back plate mount for cooler fell off of the motherboard, removed cooler and it pulled out the CPU, tried replacing everything after thermal paste and no power or lighting other than a usb light.

image.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Cambdon said:

Hello, my CPU was running a little hot. Attempted replacing thermal paste, unscrewed cooler, back plate mount for cooler fell off of the motherboard, removed cooler and it pulled out the CPU, tried replacing everything after thermal paste and no power or lighting other than a usb light. Yes I warmed it up before removing. Just hoping the cpu is not broken hoping for some help.

image.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thermal paste sticks to the CPU really hard,especially if it's hardened.

You don't pull the cooler,you have wiggle it until it has loosened up from the CPU.

 

Back to your problem,

Did you release the retention arm of the CPU afterwards?

Because if not then the CPU might have contact problems with the socket.


A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
34 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Thermal paste sticks to the CPU really hard,especially if it's hardened.

You don't pull the cooler,you have wiggle it until it has loosened up from the CPU.

 

Back to your problem,

Did you release the retention arm of the CPU afterwards?

Because if not then the CPU might have contact problems with the socket.

Yes I did all of the above, update fans and cooler are turning on and off after about 15 seconds nothing in screen

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cambdon said:

Yes I did all of the above, update fans and cooler are turning on and off after about 15 seconds nothing in screen

Do you have a motherboard speaker?

You can buy one if you don't have,A typical price for one is $1.

 

You can use that to diagnose failed POST.


A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

 

1 minute ago, Vishera said:

Do you have a motherboard speaker?

You can buy one if you don't have,A typical price is $1.

 

You can use that to diagnose failed POST.

No I do not..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×