Wireless drop out issues

inbellator

Making this post after another post on here about ethernet, but turned out its not viable to run a 3ft cable through to my room.

The issue im having with wireless if what made me want to go to wired connection. But since i can't my network card is the only option.

For some reason im having drop out issues, this is mainly after i just upgraded my CPU, motherboard etc. The connection will be fine

(granted slower than before the upgrade) but will random drop to being disconnected, so i have to manual go to connections and reconnect

it and then it works.

the NW card is a Ziyituod AX3000 WiFi 6 Bluetooth5.1 PCIe WiFi Card and im on windows 10, after upgrading i did keep my old windows 10 and boot from that so it may be a driver issue.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, made sure the onboard WIFI on motherboard is disabled too but iv'e had no luck. the drop out varies sometimes doesn't drop for an hour 

or can drop mutiple times eg, twice in 10 minutes.

motherboard is MSI B550M PRO-VDH WIFI Motherboard 

I would use the onboard but its not as good as my network card.

any advice would be apprecaited.

Windows power settings has an option to power down pci-e devices. Look under advanced options and disable it then restart to apply. There is a similar option in bios as well that will drop the link speed of pci-e to save power, useful only to graphics cards though. Also check in windows device manager, right click on the network card and see if there are any power saving settings and disable them, if there are boost or power output settings, max them out. If all else fails, try using your smartphone as a wireless device by tethering it over usb to your pc and enable wifi on your phone. if the connection remains stable, you may need to replace that network card. Make sure the phone is located next to the wifi card when testing (like on top at the end of your computer). If you have another card or a usb wifi dongle, you can try that as well. 

I am betting on some power saving stuff, as those would have changed with swapping out motherboards.

If you have spread spectrum options, try enabling them to reduce EM interference.

2 hours ago, inbellator said:

im on windows 10, after upgrading i did keep my old windows 10 and boot from that so it may be a driver issue.

Did you perform a clean Windows 10 installation after all these hardware upgrades?

Other than the motherboard and CPU, what other hardware changes were made?

2 hours ago, inbellator said:

the NW card is a Ziyituod AX3000 WiFi 6 Bluetooth5.1 PCIe

Where did you get the drivers for this adapter?

47 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Did you perform a clean Windows 10 installation after all these hardware upgrades?

Other than the motherboard and CPU, what other hardware changes were made?

Where did you get the drivers for this adapter?

No i did not, i uninstalled drivers and such i needed to before swapping everything out though.

CPU, PSU, motherboard and RAM. The drivers are from the card website.

3 hours ago, Applefreak said:

Windows power settings has an option to power down pci-e devices. Look under advanced options and disable it then restart to apply. There is a similar option in bios as well that will drop the link speed of pci-e to save power, useful only to graphics cards though. Also check in windows device manager, right click on the network card and see if there are any power saving settings and disable them, if there are boost or power output settings, max them out. If all else fails, try using your smartphone as a wireless device by tethering it over usb to your pc and enable wifi on your phone. if the connection remains stable, you may need to replace that network card. Make sure the phone is located next to the wifi card when testing (like on top at the end of your computer). If you have another card or a usb wifi dongle, you can try that as well. 

I am betting on some power saving stuff, as those would have changed with swapping out motherboards.

If you have spread spectrum options, try enabling them to reduce EM interference.

There was an option in device managar enabled 'switch device off to save power' seems to have delayed it but it still cuts out

but instead of fully cutting out it'll sorta just reconnect by itself after it hangs for a while. I'll check the windows power setting too

and then check bios.

18 minutes ago, inbellator said:

No i did not, i uninstalled drivers and such i needed to before swapping everything out though.

CPU, PSU, motherboard and RAM. The drivers are from the card website.

You basically assembled an entirely new PC!

With that amount of hardware changes, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a problem with hardware integration in Windows itself. While Windows 10 is a little more forgiving with hardware changes than previous Windows generations, it’s still can have issues with such massive hardware changes. I’d suggest you back up all of your important files, license keys, etc. then reinstall a clean version of Windows 10 and follow with the updated drivers.

5 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

You basically assembled an entirely new PC!

With that amount of hardware changes, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a problem with hardware integration in Windows itself. While Windows 10 is a little more forgiving with hardware changes than previous Windows generations, it’s still can have issues with such massive hardware changes. I’d suggest you back up all of your important files, license keys, etc. then reinstall a clean version of Windows 10 and follow with the updated drivers.

I checked though and its a viable thing many say is ok to do, when you uninstall certain drivers and such. I could probably do with a fresh install on my pc anyways to my SSD rather than on my HDD, i'll keep troubleshooting for now but if it contiunes i may do this, I've have zero issues with anything else though.