Canon Japan released a video showcasing their new sensor capable of 20 stops of Dynamic Range.

Summary

In July, Canon Japan released a marketing video showing the capabilities of their next-gen(?) image sensor. Along with the specs are showcase videos are test footage of what the HDR will look like. 

My thoughts

This makes me super excited about APS-C, Micro 4/3rds and Super 35 sensor-based cameras in the future. Also makes me wonder how can companies leverage this tech to smaller platforms, i.e. laptops and mobile phones. 

I think it's hightime that laptop manufacturers started borrowing camera tech from companies like Sony and Canon and give us GOOD QUALITY webcams. It's 2020 and no webcam seems like a better option than a crappy 720p one. 

Sources

PC: Acer Predator Helios 300: corei7-7700HQ, GTX 1050Ti 4GB, 8GB DDR4 2400MHz, 128GB SSD+1024GB HDD, Logitech G102 Prodigy+Circle Gaming Pro.

Anyone here read Japanese? The side by side comparisons were exciting, but I wish I knew what the text said

1 hour ago, SnakeEater said:

Anyone here read Japanese? The side by side comparisons were exciting, but I wish I knew what the text said

Now it has been a LONG time since I have read any kind of Japanese, but from the parts I can read, it's mainly talking about how the HDR processing works and compares it to either a different mode of HDR, or maybe a different camera, hard to tell. The night city shot talks about how the sensor works in sensitive environments with the left side being what the human eye would see and the right being the low light sensor and is able to create a full HDR image despite the lack of light

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

-= Topics Merged =-

Multiple postings is not allowed.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER