Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaybaken

B450 tomahawk max issue?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi all, 

im building a rig for my friend currently and I’m having an issue with the build in general and didn’t know if it was a MOBO issue or a gpu issue what have you. 

specs:

ryzen 5 3600

b450 tomahawk max

RX 570 8gb

16gb DDR4 gskill 3200

rm750x

1tb SSD 

120gb SSD( for boot)

problem I am having here is when everything is connected ( yes everything is connected properly tripled checked each time) it powers on for a quick second flashes 3 debug ( GPU, DRAM and BOOT) then shuts down. Now I’ve taken the GPU out and it worked fans spinning and what not ( didn’t visualize a post screen or anything cause I just wanted to see if it worked) so I am wondering is this a BIOS update thing for the MOBO or is the GPU faulty or needs something done to it? 

honestly any suggestions would be great to hear 

B450 TOMAHAWK MAX supports R5 3600 since launch (I'm running the same combination but with the X version or the CPU). I can't really say whats wrong, but its probably not the bios version.

that psu is one of the bets right now.

haby you tierd other poci e slots? sometimes taht happens when either the gpu is fualty, isnät plugged in the slot 100% or the slot is faulty

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: 

Posted · Original PosterOP

I will give it a shot for the different slots. I just can’t see the power supply being bad as it was working fine in my personal build 

ryzen 7 2700x

x470 gaming pro carbon and gtx 1060.