Ram at ideal is 5.9GB help

Walian
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

It looks like 5.6GB is cached, which is Windows holding stuff in the RAM so you can access it faster.

RAM usage only really matters if you run out. If you're doing something and it's 90% full then there's a problem but idle usage doesn't really matter.

Hey guys, I know there is some really smart pc guys in here, and i was wondering if you could help me.
My laptop have a large passive usage of my ram, compare to my desktop. (Ram is Hukomm...) as you can see below, it just seems so weird that is using that much ram doing almost nothing. I have tried windows support without any help. It jumped up as i took screen shots. All help is really welcome.
as.PNG.c0d2f7465ebd8875d664c11292f5f741.PNG
a.thumb.PNG.71af5a9c376003b0405f89aeebf41253.PNG 

Also if I did something wrong please delete it.

It looks like 5.6GB is cached, which is Windows holding stuff in the RAM so you can access it faster.

RAM usage only really matters if you run out. If you're doing something and it's 90% full then there's a problem but idle usage doesn't really matter.

You've got 16GB. Windows makes use of it. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

okay thanks, it was just my desktop have 32, and its passive use is far less. but thanks for the info!

36 minutes ago, Walian said:

okay thanks, it was just my desktop have 32, and its passive use is far less. but thanks for the info!

We don't know the config if the other setup, and cache part varies depending on the installed programs.

Also, idle means nothing. When speaking of RAM, RAM is used based on what is loaded. The more programs you have loaded, the more RAM it takes, even if you are not doing anything on the system. Running background programs and services also consumes RAM as they are programs at the of the day. Anything that wants to instruct things to your CPU to do things, needs to be on RAM.