CPU: R9 3900X

COOLING: Z73 KRAKEN

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

MOBO: X570 AORUS MASTER

RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 3600 16GB

STORAGE: SEAGATE 520

PSU: FRACTAL ION 860 PLATINUM

CASE: LAN COOL II

Hello everyone I am currently building/ upgrading pc; however my pc recently won't turn on. I left it on, took a nap, woke up and computer was off. Thought it was sleeping, so I moved the mouse and everything but nothing. I tried turning it on using power button and still nothing. I thought someone was just loose and tried it all again and still nothing. I decided to remove the cmos battery and put it back in after 10 mins and it worked! great it's fixed, but i shutdown and in the morning it won't turn on again. The psu is on too, but the led on the mobo doesn't light up. I checked if things are plugged and they are. I decided to buy new 2032 and it seem to fix it for now, but when I turn off psu and try to turn on again the same problem occurs. I beginning to think this is a motherboard problem. I have the lan cool II case and the front lights do not turn on; however the led strip I have on the side does. I'm not sure what to think. I appreciate any feedback/ thoughts please and thank you.

Sounds like a board problem for sure if the battery is affecting things.
If the board isn't getting a good connection to the battery in it's socket that could be the underlying cause.

Some boards will not boot correctly or at all without a good battery in it, while not typical they do exist and I just finished working with an older Gigabyte that doesn't work without one in it.

Check this - Does the system's CMOS time reset each time it does this along with other settings?

From what I'm reading into this it seems it's not holding CMOS settings and defaulting everytime power is cut and when it's restored it "Sees" something went wrong and it just acts out.

That was one of the issues I had with a board I was working on earlier today, the holder just wasn't holding the battery correctly causing a poor connection and when I bent the tab up a bit it started working properly again, holding settings and so on.

I'd look at that, check and see if the battery is "Snug" in it's holder.

If you can wiggle it around, spin it around or so on with ease you can make it hold tighter by simply bending the tab in the bottom of the battery holder up a little - Note it's by a little and no more.
If you do that just bend it up as described to make it have a little more pressure against the upper locking tab when it's snapped in place to provide a better, more secure connection.

Only takes a slight amount of bend to do it.

If you do the upper locking tab by bending it towards the center of the battery holder/socket it's by the same amount.

And if after all that it keeps doing it I'd RMA the board and be done with it.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

6 hours ago, Beerzerker said:

Sounds like a board problem for sure if the battery is affecting things.
If the board isn't getting a good connection to the battery in it's socket that could be the underlying cause.

Some boards will not boot correctly or at all without a good battery in it, while not typical they do exist and I just finished working with an older Gigabyte that doesn't work without one in it.

Check this - Does the system's CMOS time reset each time it does this along with other settings?

From what I'm reading into this it seems it's not holding CMOS settings and defaulting everytime power is cut and when it's restored it "Sees" something went wrong and it just acts out.

That was one of the issues I had with a board I was working on earlier today, the holder just wasn't holding the battery correctly causing a poor connection and when I bent the tab up a bit it started working properly again, holding settings and so on.

I'd look at that, check and see if the battery is "Snug" in it's holder.

If you can wiggle it around, spin it around or so on with ease you can make it hold tighter by simply bending the tab in the bottom of the battery holder up a little - Note it's by a little and no more.
If you do that just bend it up as described to make it have a little more pressure against the upper locking tab when it's snapped in place to provide a better, more secure connection.

Only takes a slight amount of bend to do it.

If you do the upper locking tab by bending it towards the center of the battery holder/socket it's by the same amount.

And if after all that it keeps doing it I'd RMA the board and be done with it.

Hi thank you for your response and sharing your experience. It helps me understand what could be happening. I hope this works fingers crossed lol