Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
suppp3929

WINDOWS 10

Posted · Original PosterOP

Can I download the free version of windows 10 from a MacBook onto a 8-Gig flash drive and use it to boot up my new computer?

1 minute ago, suppp3929 said:

Can I download the free version of windows 10 from a MacBook onto a 8-Gig flash drive and use it to boot up my new computer?

Yes you can. You can use a software like Baleena Etcher to do so. Just download the ISO from the web, then put your USB, then select the flash drive in Baleena Etcher and go!

Pretty sure it has to be from a Windows PC.

|| CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.2GHz 1.4v || CPU Cooling: Wraith Prism (Upgrade to 212 Black Pending) || Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk MAX || RAM: C-DIE LPX @ 3266MHz 15-17-17-20 1.45v slightly tuned subs || Storage1x MX500 500GB 1x WD Blue 1TB 5400RPM || GPU: Gaming OC 5700XT @ 2010 Core // 1800 Mem || Case: H510 Matte Black || PSU: RM550x || Monitors: 2x KG281K || Keyboard: Tecknet Wired Membrane || Mouse: Tecknet Wired Mouse || Headphones: Platinum Wireless || Mic: Inbuilt (Upgrade to Yeti Nano Pending) || Console: PS4 Pro 1TB || Phone: iPhone X || Earphones: AirPods Pro || Watch: Apple Watch Series 2

My words of advice:

Don't buy Cherry Browns.

Don't play Overwatch. I've hate the game yet I play it every day.

Wireless > Lighter Mice

Silence > Temps for Coolers

Get a good PSU

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Nano Adam said:

Yes you can. You can use a software like Baleena Etcher to do so. Just download the ISO from the web, then put your USB, then select the flash drive in Baleena Etcher and go!

What's Baleena Etcher?

6 minutes ago, Nano Adam said:

Etcher won't immediately work with Windows ISOs, you'll need to manually format it with Terminal.

9 minutes ago, suppp3929 said:

Your best bet is to use Bootcamp, see https://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-a-windows-10-bootable-usb-on-mac for instructions. Once Bootcamp asks you to create a partition for Windows you should be able to boot into the flash drive.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - Asus TUF X570-PLUS (WiFi) RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8GB) DDR4-3200

GPU - MSI GTX 1070 Ti PSU - EVGA B3 650W Case - Meshify C Storage - 960 EVO 500GB, MX500 500GB

Media Server

CPU - Core i5-4570 | RAM - Samsung 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600 | Case - OptiPlex 9020 SFF

Storage - 850 EVO 128GB (Boot), BX500 240GB (Software), WD Red 4TB (Storage) | OS - FreeNAS 11.3

9 hours ago, PorkishPig said:

Etcher won't immediately work with Windows ISOs, you'll need to manually format it with Terminal.

Your best bet is to use Bootcamp, see https://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-a-windows-10-bootable-usb-on-mac for instructions. Once Bootcamp asks you to create a partition for Windows you should be able to boot into the flash drive.

Ah, thanks for clarifying that. I actually normally use Etcher to create Linux usb.