DAW question

DotzHyper
Go to solution Solved by Derkoli,
Just now, DotzHyper said:

Ok so it's like the voicemeeter banana type of output? it's a whole new stream that I can pick

Somewhat similar. I'm not sure you can route Discord to two different outputs at the same time though. But you could always shoot Discord's audio into the DAW then monitor the DAW. But a DAW is kinda overkill for this.

I have a very simple question and idk how to ask google so i'll describe it here. With a DAW, does it become my active voice during games and discord audio chats? or will it simply take my interface's signal?

clarification: like if i were to put voice filters into the daw

2 minutes ago, DotzHyper said:

I have a very simple question and idk how to ask google so i'll describe it here. With a DAW, does it become my active voice during games and discord audio chats? or will it simply take my interface's signal?

You could route Discord to spit out its audio into the DAW with Windows Mixer.

DAW's generally just deal with interface stuff, and their own onboard effects/plug-ins. The majority of them are very flexible when it comes to routing audio though.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Just now, Derkoli said:

You could route Discord to spit out its audio into the DAW with Windows Mixer.

DAW's generally just deal with interface stuff, and their own onboard effects/plug-ins. The majority of them are very flexible when it comes to routing audio though.

Ok so it's like the voicemeeter banana type of output? it's a whole new stream that I can pick

Somewhat similar. I'm not sure you can route Discord to two different outputs at the same time though. But you could always shoot Discord's audio into the DAW then monitor the DAW. But a DAW is kinda overkill for this.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Just now, Derkoli said:

Cool, im getting an audio interface soon that comes with softwares such as a daw so I'm just wondering.

Thanks!

Cool, im getting an audio interface soon that comes with softwares such as a daw so I'm just wondering.

Thanks!

If you get the DAW for free, Might as well give it a try :)