Microsoft Paint working slow/making shapes and drawings is slow

This is a very weird issue. One that is trivial but something I’d hope is fixable either way. I hope it doesn’t indicate any issues with my PC.

Basically, Microsoft Paint works perfectly except when you draw or make shapes. The action of holding and dragging is delayed and the shape doesn’t smoothly go from small to big. Drawing is delayed too. Like if you draw a line it’ll show up a second later. Other things function fine, like cropping pictures or writing text - it all happens instantly.

It’s this weird delay with shapes and drawing that’s got me so confused. I’ve never seen it before. It shouldn’t be a problem because everything else runs fine on my PC, like games. But this issue happens without anything running in the background.

My specs:

2070 Super
Ryzen 7 2700 @ 3.2GHz
16GB DDR4-2800

By the way, this doesn’t happen in Paint 3D. I really hope that a simple program like this not working right doesn’t mean that something is wrong with my PC. Any thoughts?

That just sounds software related, if youre really concerned you can try to update paint or get paint.net from microsoft, slow shapes in paint is by no means a performance indicator for modern technology

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB