Best tactile switch?

piratemonkey
Go to solution Solved by Senzelian,

The best switches are whatever is the most niche that no one knows about and comes out of a chinese factory run by cyber space monkeys in pirate suits, so I can tell all my friends how special I am for finding them and how bad they are for still using the industry standard.

Seriosly tho, the best switch is the one you like typing on.

You should try them out - that's the best way of finding the right switch for you.

And if not, swim with the masses. They're usually right about such things, which means cherry reds or blues.

I've heard from angry people in the youtube comments that Cherry switches aren't the best. So what are the best switches, specifically the tactile kind?

I'm currently rocking Cherry browns on the Corsair K70. I don't really find the bump satisfying, so a switch with a more noticeable bump would be good.

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

The best switches are whatever is the most niche that no one knows about and comes out of a chinese factory run by cyber space monkeys in pirate suits, so I can tell all my friends how special I am for finding them and how bad they are for still using the industry standard.

Seriosly tho, the best switch is the one you like typing on.

You should try them out - that's the best way of finding the right switch for you.

And if not, swim with the masses. They're usually right about such things, which means cherry reds or blues.

14 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

I've heard from angry people in the youtube comments that Cherry switches aren't the best. So what are the best switches, specifically the tactile kind?

I'm currently rocking Cherry browns on the Corsair K70. I don't really find the bump satisfying, so a switch with a more noticeable bump would be good.

it gets subjective which is the absolute best, but generally speaking it's a general thing that many find cherry browns not really being tactile (I personally call them early pregnancy reds for this reason as a joke)

when it comes to tactiles, you have switches like kailh box royal, zealpc zealios and many others that are in my eyes much better and have a much more feelable bump there

and yes, people hit on cherry because they're seen as industry standard, while Gateron, Kailh and many others have vastly improved and in many cases even exceeded Cherry in their switch equal and have innovated new and different switches. this is a short reasoning to why some people scream that into the comments... just keep in mind they're just the comments

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I personally call them early pregnancy reds for this reason as a joke

That’s the analogy I’m gonna use from now on. 

I have kailh speed copper and they have a nice kinda sharp tactile bump placed really really high and also a short total travel so it's kinda nice and fast to type on them. 

Right now I have gateron yellow in my board and I really like them ... really smooth and they feel nice but I kinda wish the total travel was shorter as I have a tendency to bottom out and the longer travel makes them feels a bit off ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD