About mixing ram modules

Just a quick question I have. Say I have a pc with one 8gb stick of 2400mhz C16 ram. If I want to add another 8gbs onto the pc, but cant get the same model of ram I already have, is mixing ram fine? Like if I get another ram stick off of amazon with the exact same speed and latency, will there be any problems? Is there any other spec I should be matching as well? (Voltage?) Obviously they are both gonna have to be ddr4.

Just now, Owen the Trusty man said:

Just a quick question I have. Say I have a pc with one 8gb stick of 2400mhz C16 ram. If I want to add another 8gbs onto the pc, but cant get the same model of ram I already have, is mixing ram fine? Like if I get another ram stick off of amazon with the exact same speed and latency, will there be any problems? Is there any other spec I should be matching as well? (Voltage?) Obviously they are both gonna have to be ddr4.

tbh should be fine. I have done it with 0 issue. Just cant OC them past there rating normally

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Theoretically, it should work, but there's no guarantees. Just give it a try.

That said, RAM is really cheap these days. You can get an 2x8GB CL16 3200Mhz kit for like $65. It's probably better to just sacrifice the existing stick, learn from the lesson and never buy single stick again, and move on.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Thanks for the answers guys! Btw this was just something I was curious about and I don't actually have a pc with 1 8gb stick.