Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dukedog2001

Trying to get two 500GB ssds into one storage

Just now, Dukedog2001 said:

Hello I bought two PNY 500GB ssd's and Im trying to merge them into one storage device and have windows run on it store stuff ect. The issue Im running into is that my PC recognizes them but when I try to install windows on them I cant make a spanned volume with windows 10 on them. The reason im here is because im wondering if there is a way I can achieve this.

Disk 0 is a WD 1TB HHD

Disk 1 is a PNY 500GB SSD

Disk 2 is a PNY 500GB SSD

Are you trying to run them in Windows raid to install an OS onto it? Windows raid is pretty flakey, and you can't install a full OS onto it. Just install your OS onto one of them and map all of your common folders (Documents, downloads, desktop, photos, etc) to the second SSD and load all your games onto the HDD in order to split the load if that makes sense.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello I bought two PNY 500GB ssd's and Im trying to merge them into one storage device and have windows run on it store stuff ect. The issue Im running into is that my PC recognizes them but when I try to install windows on them I cant make a spanned volume with windows 10 on them. The reason im here is because im wondering if there is a way I can achieve this.

Disk 0 is a WD 1TB HHD

Annotation 2020-07-11 201538.png

Posted · Best Answer
Just now, Dukedog2001 said:

Disk 0 is a WD 1TB HHD

Are you trying to run them in Windows raid to install an OS onto it? Windows raid is pretty flakey, and you can't install a full OS onto it. Just install your OS onto one of them and map all of your common folders (Documents, downloads, desktop, photos, etc) to the second SSD and load all your games onto the HDD in order to split the load if that makes sense.

@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked