Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ajax21

Where can I get a graphics card for cheap?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I've been getting into lots and lots of 3d modeling lately, and I find that I desperately need some more GPU acceleration to accomplish my ever more complex tasks. Even though I have an R7 2700x, I only got a 1650 Super as my GPU. I started selling stuff on ebay to try and get some money for a new gpu (hopefully in the RTX range). However, at the moment, my sales understandably aren't doing too well and I am kinda cash strapped. My question is, where can I find a better GPU (preferably RTX) for as cheap as it can get, without getting scammed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ajax21 said:

where can I find a better GPU (preferably RTX) for as cheap as it can get, without getting scammed?

buy a broken one on ebay , so long as it's says it's broken then it's not a scam. then fix it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

buying used is your best option here. You could see if local shops have discounts as online retailers keep bassically the same price. I would suggest waiting unitl new releases and the price drops.


Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700 with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro Rgb 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial ssd + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair GS600 Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 Ti 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

 

Remember to quote me so i can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ajax21 said:

So I've been getting into lots and lots of 3d modeling lately, and I find that I desperately need some more GPU acceleration to accomplish my ever more complex tasks. Even though I have an R7 2700x, I only got a 1650 Super as my GPU. I started selling stuff on ebay to try and get some money for a new gpu (hopefully in the RTX range). However, at the moment, my sales understandably aren't doing too well and I am kinda cash strapped. My question is, where can I find a better GPU (preferably RTX) for as cheap as it can get, without getting scammed?

For 3d modeling and the like the RTX 2060 KO from EVGA does about as well as an RTX 2070 but for a price lower than many RTX 2060s. You can get it for about $300. Nvidia needed to dump a bunch of chips so they gave them to EVGA and they made that card. It's great for a budget workstation.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, emosun said:

buy a broken one on ebay , so long as it's says it's broken then it's not a scam. then fix it.

Not a good idea, because there is a good chance it will require micro soldering and complex diagonous, the card either has to be really cheap or you need to know exactly what's wrong with it before you buy which is almost impossible.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Not a good idea, because there is a good chance it will require micro soldering and complex diagonous, the card either has to be really cheap or you need to know exactly what's wrong with it before you buy which is almost impossible.

 

12 minutes ago, Ajax21 said:

for as cheap as it can get

read

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, emosun said:

 

read

Yeah, but if you have to buy a broken card 4 times over in order to get one you can fix, it's not worth it anymore. I recommended the best budget workstation card to him and for some reason you take issue with that.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

for some reason you take issue with that.

Quote the section where I take issue with it. Not seeing any followup or reply where I quote your recommendation and advise they not follow it. 

This is a forum , list your recommendation and the op will choose what advice to follow. If they don't want to fix cards they can choose some other advice given.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ebay is no go now they charge tax in almost every state even on broken and used items.

 

According to PCPartPicker New Prices

 

New 2060 $295

New 2060 Super $370

New 2070 $390

 

Used 2060 $270-300 Ebay

Used 2060 Super $375-390 Ebay

Used 2070 $386-420 Ebay

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Well, this has been very helpful. I might consider something like an rtx 2060 or 2060 super. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×