My €1500-1800 build

glock7
23 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Firstly, going with a 10700K and then sacrificing on the GPU really makes little to no sense, since a 10600K offers the same gaming performance as the i7.

Secondly, I'd strongly advise you to wait a little longer if you're interested in high-end parts, as new GPUs and CPUs are coming later this year, and you'll likely be getting quite a good bit more for your money then.

If you were going to buy now, I'd look for something along these lines:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/zDc3YH

CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K 4.1 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€293.95 @ CD-ROM-LAND) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black 55 CFM CPU Cooler  (€74.94 @ Azerty) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  (€231.00 @ Azerty) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  (€114.95 @ Azerty) 
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€146.85 @ Megekko) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  (€751.95 @ Azerty) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€143.39 @ Paradigit) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Straight Power 11 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€103.00 @ Azerty) 
Total: €1860.03

To make the €1800 mark you'd probably have to instead go with a Ryzen 3600. In that case, I'd suggest something like a B550 Aorus Pro, B550 Tomahawk, B550 Gaming Edge WIFI or B550-F for the motherboard.

If I had to comment on the parts list you've put together, I'd have to say that the RAM is painfully slow (3600 CL20 is in the realm of 2400/2666MHz kits in terms of latency), the motherboard's really not great, the Crucial P1 is not a great choice for an OS drive and RGB SSDs should be avoided.

"Any motherboard with PCIe slots on it will be compatible with those cards, since PCIe is backwards compatible."

Okay thanks :)

Which motherboard would you recommend if I was to go for the new (unreleased) ryzen processors? Instead of the i5-10600k

18 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Don’t trust Userbenchmark.

Thanks for the advice. I've always used that site in the past to check how good parts are. So its very good to know that I shouldn't use it.

Is there a website or place where you check your benchmarks?

3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

The reason why I recommended a B450-F is that the Tomahawk Max does not have two M.2 slots, which was required for his original system configuration. And yeah, I'm recommending a B450 board for Ryzen 4 upgrability because AMD officially confirmed that that would be just fine. Nor do I really care that all about memory, I used the memory that OP had in their build. @glock7, you are fine with 3200mhz corsair LPX memory.

Haha, I'm not quite sure what to believe now ^^ This all goes way over my head.

I did just notice that on the original website I made my pc (Dutch website) I went for a 3600 mt/s LPX memory instead of the 3200 mhz. Is that better?

3 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Faster memory just means that your processor can access the data on it more quickly, which is good for processing speed so the computer doesn't have to wait around to get data to chew on. The "Sweet spot" for Ryzen is around 3600mhz, but it's really a diminishing return past 3200mhz or so.

Okay thanks. I'll go for the 3600 then.

14 minutes ago, glock7 said:

Is there a website or place where you check your benchmarks?

I look at videos and other reviews and look for benchmark scores.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

13 minutes ago, glock7 said:

Which motherboard would you recommend if I was to go for the new (unreleased) ryzen processors? Instead of the i5-10600k

I listed a few very solid mid-range boards previously - there's Gigabyte's B550 Aorus Pro, MSI's B550 Tomahawk and B550 Gaming Edge WIFI and ASUS' Strix B550-F. All of these have solid power deliveries to handle even a 3950X (or likely the Ryzen 4000 equivalent of it) with no problems, even with PBO enabled, and a good feature set, including solid onboard audio, LAN and Wi-Fi (not in the case of the Tomahawk and non-WIFI versions of the B550 Aorus Pro and B550-F).

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Just now, Mateyyy said:

I listed a few very solid mid-range boards previously - there's Gigabyte's B550 Aorus Pro, MSI's B550 Tomahawk and B550 Gaming Edge WIFI and ASUS' Strix B550-F. All of these have solid power deliveries to handle even a 3950X (or likely the Ryzen 4000 equivalent of it) with no problems, even with PBO enabled, and a good feature set, including solid onboard audio, LAN and Wi-Fi (not in the case of the Tomahawk and non-WIFI versions of the B550 Aorus Pro and B550-F).

Okay thanks a bunch :)

1 minute ago, zeusthemoose said:

I look at videos and other reviews and look for benchmark scores.

Alright. I'll do that more in the future as well then!