Beginner Creator for YouTube, best Program to make my videos?

So this might be a novice inquiry, but I'm just having trouble understanding HOW to put the videos together. I have a Blue Snowball microphone, and I'm using a program called IVCam for my camera from my phone because I have no camera and webcams are price gouged. I have OBS downloaded and I've played around with some of those sound settings and adding displays and such, I have taught myself the basics of paint.net.

So what now? Haha. I know how to record my desktop, and I can use the microphone to record my voice overs. Should I be using another program to put different fragments of videos together into one video? Do I use OBS only? I don't mind putting in the research into OBS if that is the only program I need to create my videos.

Any basic tips would be greatly appreciated.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X   COOLER: Kraken X63   GPU: Zotac Trinity RTX 3090    MOBO:  Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  

RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL 16   STORAGE: Viper Gen 4 1Tb SSD VP4100 +Viper NVME SSD 512Gb + Seagate 1 TB HDD 7200rpm  

PSU: NZXT 850 watt 80+ Gold  CASE: NZXT 510 Elite   MONITOR: Primary: LG 48" CX OLED--Secondary Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q-P 1440p 165Hz IPS

I would use an editing program like davinci resolve (free version available) or premiere (if you are willing to pay) to put together clips. It does depend on the types of videos you want to make if you do that though or just upload stream style content.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

1 minute ago, zeusthemoose said:

I would use an editing program like davinci resolve (free version available) or premiere (if you are willing to pay) to put together clips. It does depend on the types of videos you want to make if you do that though or just upload stream style content.

For beginners I suggest: https://www.freescreenrecording.com/

6 minutes ago, Intel Fanboy said:

Op does not need premiere pro or resolve just to put clips together. Windows Movie Maker does that just fine too. Premiere pro and resolve are for the pros who have experience, op doesn't have any experience, as stated, so he should go with something like vsdc or olive which are free and easy to learn for beginners and have tons of features. 

I see what you mean. I just recommended those because even though they aren’t the easiest, the basic functions are fairly easy to use and tons of guides are available online. Also, when op gets more experienced, more features are available to be learned without having to learn an entire new program.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

What is the style you are aiming for? If it's mainly pure video, then any basic editor will do. Actually if you learn to fully utilize OBS that might be enough. If you want effects and such, then learning curve will be long. Not saying steep as there are tons of tutorials available and you learn best by doing project where you want certain results.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, zeusthemoose said:

I downloaded DaVinci Resolve. I think this was the piece I was missing about all of this creation. I had all of these ideas of things to record and add in to videos, but had thought that it was all through OBS that you put them all together. I needed something that would let me insert photos, do some different animations with transitions and text, and something that would let me add whatever background audio I wanted. I googled open source video editing (I learned not to search for "free" from LTT forums and use that statement instead), and I didn't see DaVinci Resolve. I now am ready and confident that I can record, edit, and post content to YouTube. Should be a good time! Thanks for your tips!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X   COOLER: Kraken X63   GPU: Zotac Trinity RTX 3090    MOBO:  Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  

RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL 16   STORAGE: Viper Gen 4 1Tb SSD VP4100 +Viper NVME SSD 512Gb + Seagate 1 TB HDD 7200rpm  

PSU: NZXT 850 watt 80+ Gold  CASE: NZXT 510 Elite   MONITOR: Primary: LG 48" CX OLED--Secondary Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q-P 1440p 165Hz IPS

1 hour ago, Intel Fanboy said:

That's a good point. but learning resolve and premiere pro take a lot of time, so I think op should go with something like vsdc or olive video editor get experience and then switch to resolve or premiere pro.

I watched about an hour of tutorials on this program. I then began editing clips together and mixing audio and some visuals using it. 100% there are ten thousand things that are in this amazing program that I don't know how to implement yet, but this was exactly what I was looking for.

2 minutes ago, GamerDad_ said:

I learned not to search for "free" from LTT forums and use that statement instead

I would do both. Just because it’s free doesn’t mean it’s open source, so what you are looking for may not come up when you search open source.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Just now, zeusthemoose said:

I would do both. Just because it’s free doesn’t mean it’s open source, so what you are looking for may not come up when you search open source.

I have screwed up many computers in my past (teenager) years searching for free things. free movies, free games, etc. LOL. Just don't want to download something malicious and screw up my first rig I built.

4 minutes ago, GamerDad_ said:

I have screwed up many computers in my past (teenager) years searching for free things. free movies, free games, etc. LOL. Just don't want to download something malicious and screw up my first rig I built.

Oh, I see

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

If you have an iPhone/iPad/Mac use iMovie! And if you have a mac, use Quicktime Player to screen record!