TRX40 chipset sound question

Quick question:  Does any of the TRX40 motherboards support a virtual sound input like stereomix, What U hear, etc.  i have a aorus master trx40 mobo  and i cant get  any kinda virtual sound input to appear.  hidden and disabled devices are not hidden in the recording sound device menu  and trying new or old driver dont make it work.

i suspect since trx40 run sound off USB  that none of them have this option.  please correct me if im wrong though.  if you have a trx40 based mobo can you please check your recording devices and see if you have a virtual sound input.  i need this information to either return this board for another brand or get a sound card.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

owner of a TRX40 Aorus Pro Wifi here: the audio controller is over USB on this board too (windows also makes this very clear in volume control)

still trying to figure out system loopback input (although OBS handles this on its own). Stereo Mix isn't appearing on my end too

ive heard there all usb due to this chipset not natively supporting audio.  that confirms that gigabyte boards don't have a virtual sound input  i did try some third party programs.  it works but audio is disabled wile using third party drivers.  i wonder if msi, asus, or asrock has this issue too.

7 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

i looked this up, and turns out anandtech did cover this o_o

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15121/the-amd-trx40-motherboard-overview-

oof, i think getting a sound card might be in my future (have to check if it enables loopback input on the device)

EDIT: alternatively, see if your intended use is able to use the Windows WASAPI virtual device to grab the raw digital system audio output

i will try that.  but  it might just come down to getting a sound card.  man i haven't used a sound card in 5 years lol.  the sound blaster z by creative is a good choice if you are going to get one btw.

i kinda wish some one with a different brand trx40 mobo would reply so i can confirm my suspicions  and not have to return this and find out otherwise lol.

thank you for the help so far!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

I could really use any ones help  that has a trx40 motherboard other than gigabyte brand to confirm if other trx40 boards have stereomix or not.