Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snusmakaren

New high end gaming pc is lagging/stuttering...

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello! Sorry if it's wrong forum section.

I recently bought a new PC (2 months ago). I have sent it back 2 times to the company so they can repair it, but they didn't manage to find any errors, so I will ask here instead!

My problem is that im stuttering and FPS dropping and low GPU Usage in most games, and i can't seem to understand why. The temperatures in all games are extremely good though, nothing is too high.I dont think there's any bottleneck...

Here's my specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Processor 12 cores / 24 threads / 4.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Rog Strix x570F-Gaming- ATX/X570
Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D +3 fläktar ingick
Power: Corsair RM750X V2/ 80+
Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB Platinum / iCUE-RGB / 240mm
GPU: MSI Geforce Rtx 2080 SuperGaming X Trio
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) / Ryzen / 3600MHz / DDR4 / CL18 / CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18
Monitor: Acer Nitro XZ272UP / 27" / VA / WQHD / 165Hz / 4ms / Curved / 2xHDMI,DP / VESA / Justerbar / Freesyn
SSD: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB

I can run Assassins creed Oddyseus for no problems at all, it runs very smooth. However, once I try to play games such as Dead by Daylight, SMITE, Ryse: Son of Rome, Crysis 3, Age of Empires 3, the GPU usage is low, average around 54 in those games. I also stutter incredibly bad in these games, and FPS dropping. My costs around 2,500 euro. Waste of money, it doesnt work. 

Things I have tried: 

- Setting power to maximum performance 

- Tried vsync off and on, no difference

- Updated every single driver in my PC

- Disable Xbox app

- Look for virus, nothing detected

- Reinstall windows

- Reinstalling games, no difference

I have used MSI Afterburner as well. the PC is kinda slow as well, it takes up to 3-4 minutes every day to start the PC, even if I got an SSD. I haven't overcloacked the PC. I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

I spoke to the company I bought the PC from, and they want to check the PC for a 3rd time now. And I can't send them back PC and get money back because the company doesn't allow it. Only if problems are found. 

Thanks a lot!

/Snusmakaren

Enable xmp / docp .

Ddu the drivers 

Check temps.

Fun Fact: The Meshify c is the best case to ever exist.

Wārudobītā

Spoiler

B550m TuF plus.

Hyper x rgb 8 gig stick. (MJR or CJR  i still don't know lol).

1650 super.

CX450.

MX500.

NX500.

23 minutes ago, Snusmakaren said:

Hello! Sorry if it's wrong forum section.

I recently bought a new PC (2 months ago). I have sent it back 2 times to the company so they can repair it, but they didn't manage to find any errors, so I will ask here instead!

My problem is that im stuttering and FPS dropping and low GPU Usage in most games, and i can't seem to understand why. The temperatures in all games are extremely good though, nothing is too high.I dont think there's any bottleneck...

Here's my specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Processor 12 cores / 24 threads / 4.6 GHz
Motherboard: ASUS Rog Strix x570F-Gaming- ATX/X570
Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D +3 fläktar ingick
Power: Corsair RM750X V2/ 80+
Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB Platinum / iCUE-RGB / 240mm
GPU: MSI Geforce Rtx 2080 SuperGaming X Trio
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) / Ryzen / 3600MHz / DDR4 / CL18 / CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18
Monitor: Acer Nitro XZ272UP / 27" / VA / WQHD / 165Hz / 4ms / Curved / 2xHDMI,DP / VESA / Justerbar / Freesyn
SSD: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB

I can run Assassins creed Oddyseus for no problems at all, it runs very smooth. However, once I try to play games such as Dead by Daylight, SMITE, Ryse: Son of Rome, Crysis 3, Age of Empires 3, the GPU usage is low, average around 54 in those games. I also stutter incredibly bad in these games, and FPS dropping. My costs around 2,500 euro. Waste of money, it doesnt work. 

Things I have tried: 

- Setting power to maximum performance 

- Tried vsync off and on, no difference

- Updated every single driver in my PC

- Disable Xbox app

- Look for virus, nothing detected

- Reinstall windows

- Reinstalling games, no difference

I have used MSI Afterburner as well. the PC is kinda slow as well, it takes up to 3-4 minutes every day to start the PC, even if I got an SSD. I haven't overcloacked the PC. I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

I spoke to the company I bought the PC from, and they want to check the PC for a 3rd time now. And I can't send them back PC and get money back because the company doesn't allow it. Only if problems are found. 

Thanks a lot!

/Snusmakaren

Well, for sure thats a problem. What about CPU and GPU temps??? GPU probably low since GPU usage is low.

Have you already install AMD Ryzen Chipset Drivers? Try to update BIOS too, usually it helps a lot Zen2 CPU. Lot of improvements.