4K TV UK Suggestions

Hi guys,

I am looking for help with buying a 4K TV in the UK. My budget is £400-£700 and I am looking for a TV that can cope with a bright room fairly well, from what I have been reading, this likely means an IPS screen. I'd like the screen size to be minimum 50". I understand the UK TV market isn't great compared to the US but hopefully there are some great deals to find!

I am also in the market for a sound bar for the first time, budge for this is £100-£200.

Thanks,

Sam

One of the effects of the covid pandemic has made the tv market, especially the budget market your looking at, particularly overpriced and lacking in quality substance. I’d wait closer to holiday to see if the market will normalize.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

vizio M-series

i really wanted one when they still had 43" models from last year but i missed out went with a 43" tcl 5 series. which i'm really happy with. But with the new models and the size you want the 6-series is a good choice.

4 hours ago, Jumballi said:

One of the effects of the covid pandemic has made the tv market, especially the budget market your looking at, particularly overpriced and lacking in quality substance. I’d wait closer to holiday to see if the market will normalize.

Thanks for the info here. This will likely be what I do unless someone posts a TV they think is a great deal at the moment. 

3 hours ago, narrdarr said:

vizio M-series

i really wanted one when they still had 43" models from last year but i missed out went with a 43" tcl 5 series. which i'm really happy with. But with the new models and the size you want the 6-series is a good choice.

Thanks for your suggestion. It seems this TV isn't available at UK retailers at the moment though. 

Im in usa. Not sure what is available in the uk.

What i can do is help you with a resorce that can get you the info you need to find the best tv for your needs.

rtings.com is known for reviewing tv's and is a great resource and highly recommended among tv geeks. I'd start there.

Edit:

also

r/4ktv