Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
robodog1

Opening a RDP file from html

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys

I'm not sure if its possible but I have a webpage and I want to be able to click a link and it open the rdp link to a local server.

I have the shortcut saved on the machine, I tried to href= location and it hasn't worked.

I'm still kinda new at this so could you let me know if what i want to do is possible.

thanks

18 minutes ago, robodog1 said:

Hey guys

I'm not sure if its possible but I have a webpage and I want to be able to click a link and it open the rdp link to a local server.

I have the shortcut saved on the machine, I tried to href= location and it hasn't worked.

I'm still kinda new at this so could you let me know if what i want to do is possible.

thanks

Possibly, try this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-R2-and-2012/dn690096(v=ws.11)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

or this

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/internet-explorer/ie-developer/platform-apis/aa767914(v=vs.85)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

On 7/2/2020 at 6:49 PM, robodog1 said:

--snip--

by rdp i presume you mean remotedesktop, you need to add an URI scheme:

superuser.com forum has an answear for this:

You could use a custom URL protocol handler, but this would mean the URLs only worked on computers where you had set this up. I think you'd also need a program to handle taking the URL as remotedesktop://example.org and converting to /v:example.org - although a batch file could probably do this.