Qemu KVM with GPU passthrough stuck on EFI shell

Hey everyone! After much headache with iommu groups, greedy Nvidia drivers not letting go of my secondary gpu, and finding a qemu configuration that actually boots, I'm completely stumped with getting out of this EFI shell using qemu. No matter which firmware I choose, aside from bios of course, which just hangs haha, I can't seem to get the windows install DVD to boot. I've tried going through the shell manually, selecting the FS1, and trying all of the .EFI files, after which I'm told to press any key to boot DVD, at which point I'm just hanging at a splash screen. Anyone have experience with this? I was inspired by Linus's build running all the PCs in his home, doing a little preliminary run with just one vm to figure things out.

This might contain some information you could find helpful.

Although I have not included troubleshooting getting stuck at EFI. What GUI are you using? Virt-manager?

On 7/2/2020 at 10:30 AM, Windows7ge said:

This might contain some information you could find helpful.

Although I have not included troubleshooting getting stuck at EFI. What GUI are you using? Virt-manager?

Yes, virt-manager!

9 hours ago, ryebread said:

Yes, virt-manager!

Did you check the boot order in the VMs properties? 6.2.3 in the tutorial. If your boot drive isn't selected the VM will default to EFI Shell.