PSU exploded, which one to get next?

GG42GER

PSU exploded, which to get next?

So my 1 year old supernova 850 g2 just exploded and ended up making my entire room go dark. A big blueish-whiteish spark appeared and a more or less loud pop sound came. Now i worry kinda that my gpu got killed in the incident though nothing smells bad (which usually happens when electrical current kills semiconductors) and from looking through the fan blades and the back of the psu the psu seemed kinda fine.
So now which psu to get next? Im thinking about one with 800+ watts to feed my 2080ti and my 7700k. Any suggestions? And no i wont rma it because other g2s exploded according to some other forum posts and i dont want to risk another explosion because of a planning error that might have occured during the development phase of the psu.

Just now, spartaman64 said:

sounds like they got the name right (supernova)

xd

5 minutes ago, GG42GER said:

PSU exploded, which to get next?

So my 1 year old supernova 850 g2 just exploded and ended up making my entire room go dark. A big blueish-whiteish spark appeared and a more or less loud pop sound came. Now i worry kinda that my gpu got killed in the incident though nothing smells bad (which usually happens when electrical current kills semiconductors) and from looking through the fan blades and the back of the psu the psu seemed kinda fine.
So now which psu to get next? Im thinking about one with 800+ watts to feed my 2080ti and my 7700k. Any suggestions? And no i wont rma it because other g2s exploded according to some other forum posts and i dont want to risk another explosion because of a planning error that might have occured during the development phase of the psu.

you can go seasonic, corsair. those are the 2 main ones. i would go a little higher in the wattage just to be safe.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

4 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

uhh i have not heard of g2s just casually exploding like this. Are you sure your Wiring in the house is okay?

Well my other psus were completely fine but i had to replace them because they didnt meet the power requirements

1 minute ago, eeeee1 said:

xd

you can go seasonic, corsair. those are the 2 main ones. i would go a little higher in the wattage just to be safe.

How about enermax? I often heard people say enermax and seasonic would be one of the best if not the best

1 minute ago, GG42GER said:

How about enermax? I often heard people say enermax and seasonic would be one of the best if not the best

never heard of them. idk anything about them.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

9 minutes ago, GG42GER said:

How often do you hear that and in what context?  Enermax was the best PSU you could get.....  20 years ago.

Not so much these days.

19 minutes ago, GG42GER said:

So my 1 year old supernova 850 g2 just exploded and ended up making my entire room go dark. 

Only one year.. So it's still under warranty.

Is the seasonic prime tx850 (80+ titanium) a good option?

And is it note worthy that no smoke appeared? It was only that 'dry' pop with one big spark flying out of the psu ... but no smoke at all .. maybe the psu isnt dead but some weird shit just happened?

2 hours ago, GG42GER said:

Is the seasonic prime tx850 (80+ titanium) a good option?

So you're not going to RMA your EVGA PSU?

1 hour ago, jonnyGURU said:

So you're not going to RMA your EVGA PSU?

I already submitted a ticket to the support team asking if a refund is a valid option .. that way i get (some of) my money back and i will buy the seasonic tomorrow ... but i will only ask for a replacement unit if a refund is no option and then i think ill sell the replacement unit

36 minutes ago, GG42GER said:

I already submitted a ticket to the support team asking if a refund is a valid option .. that way i get (some of) my money back and i will buy the seasonic tomorrow ... but i will only ask for a replacement unit if a refund is no option and then i think ill sell the replacement unit

Doubt you'll get a refund after a year.

They're only obligated to give you a replacement.