Help with Cougar MG120-G

NLB

Hey,

I’ve recently got my new pc and it has a Cougar MG120-G and it came without a remote control.

Anybody knows if there is any other way to change the fans colors?

Documentation on this computer (chassis only?) is unimpressive at best, but it looks to me as though no RGB fans are included.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

3 hours ago, Semper said:

Documentation on this computer (chassis only?) is unimpressive at best, but it looks to me as though no RGB fans are included.

My dad bought me the computer so I didn’t get the manuals and stuff and online manuals shows there is a controller.

and there are fans with LED, I think it‘a RGB because the only fans I found from cougar are RGB or NonRGB (no green only)

image.jpg

4 hours ago, NLB said:

Hey,

I’ve recently got my new pc and it has a Cougar MG120-G and it came without a remote control.

Anybody knows if there is any other way to change the fans colors?

3 hours ago, Semper said:

My bad it’s not the MG120G it’s the Turret

1 hour ago, NLB said:

My bad it’s not the MG120G it’s the Turret

The Turret is listed as including two LED fans, with no specific mention of them being RGB (which is a package buzzword, indicating that it is far less likely), The manual states that two of their Vortex fans are included, which do come in three discrete colors, Red, Blue, and White indicating that they aren't RGB.
https://cougargaming.com/us/products/cooling/vortex_led_fan/
I'm not seeing anything referencing green LED's, as it appears that you have, however.

The best advice I can give you here is to see if there is more than one wire coming out of the housing of these fans, and/or if any of your RGB headers on your board are populated.
If there's a single bundle of wires coming off the fans, it's likely that they are not RGB.
If any of your RGB headers are populated, you have some control over something in your chassis. give Aura Sync a shot, see what it's controlling
https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.php

There is a Turret RGB version, If that is indeed the version that you have, it's likely that the controller is hooked up to one of the headers. That would be controlled with Aura Sync and/or one of the buttons on the front panel, one of them (whichever isn't the power button - likely a repurposed reset switch) is listed as being RGB control.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

2 hours ago, Semper said:

The Turret is listed as including two LED fans, with no specific mention of them being RGB (which is a package buzzword, indicating that it is far less likely), The manual states that two of their Vortex fans are included, which do come in three discrete colors, Red, Blue, and White indicating that they aren't RGB.
https://cougargaming.com/us/products/cooling/vortex_led_fan/
I'm not seeing anything referencing green LED's, as it appears that you have, however.

The best advice I can give you here is to see if there is more than one wire coming out of the housing of these fans, and/or if any of your RGB headers on your board are populated.
If there's a single bundle of wires coming off the fans, it's likely that they are not RGB.
If any of your RGB headers are populated, you have some control over something in your chassis. give Aura Sync a shot, see what it's controlling
https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.php

There is a Turret RGB version, If that is indeed the version that you have, it's likely that the controller is hooked up to one of the headers. That would be controlled with Aura Sync and/or one of the buttons on the front panel, one of them (whichever isn't the power button - likely a repurposed reset switch) is listed as being RGB control.

I don't know how to mess with the cables since I didn't build the PC and it's too tight for me to deal with.
But one thing I can tell you for 100% is that it is RGB, in the receipt it says "Cougar Turret RGB" but it doesn't sync with the Asus AURA