Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cregsy

Corsair RGB fan with B-450 plus

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys, new to the forum here!

I've just got a B-450 plus motherboard with 16gb Vengence Pro RGB RAM and it looks amazing!

To go with it, I'd like to replace my rear fan which is blank to an RGB fan, however I'm not too sure if I need anything further in terms of connectivity?

The reason I ask is that the RGB on the RAM works at the moment perfectly with iCue software at the moment but didn't know if this also would work for a fan. I've done a search on heere and couldn't find anything definitive so apologies if this has been asked before!

11 minutes ago, cregsy said:

Hi guys, new to the forum here!

I've just got a B-450 plus motherboard with 16gb Vengence Pro RGB RAM and it looks amazing!

To go with it, I'd like to replace my rear fan which is blank to an RGB fan, however I'm not too sure if I need anything further in terms of connectivity?

The reason I ask is that the RGB on the RAM works at the moment perfectly with iCue software at the moment but didn't know if this also would work for a fan. I've done a search on heere and couldn't find anything definitive so apologies if this has been asked before!

get a corsair one i think icue works with all of them. in terms of connections all mobos should have fan headers.

Main rig: CPU: 2700 with stock cooler Mobo: B450-f gaming GPU: Rx570 8GB Ram: Corsair vengeance RGB pro PSU: Corsair GS600 Case: Corsair 275R Fans: Noctua nf-12s

Posted · Original PosterOP

You think or you know? this is the issue, nothing seems to be definitive

12 hours ago, cregsy said:

You think or you know? this is the issue, nothing seems to be definitive

You need Lighting Node Basic or Pro controller for Corsair RGB. The connectors are proprietary and iCue cannot control mobos RGB headers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv