new clock multiplier available

using intel's xtu with my i5 3550 and until now i had up to 3.9ghz overclock available

changed the multiplier in the bois to 37 and now i see a 4.1ghz overclokc available

why is it like that?

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

4 hours ago, Benji said:

That sounds really odd as the CPU has a base clock of 3.3 GHz and a maximum boost clock of 3.7 GHz according to Intel. On locked CPUs the highest multiplier that you can usually set is the highest Turbo Boost single-core clock. So these speeds shouldn't appear and also probably can't be set. Maybe Intel XTU and your motherboard don't work so well together.

But i do get a 4.1/3.9ghz reading on xtu and cpuz

And i do get higher frames in csgo for example which targets the cpu more then the gpu

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

Many of Intel's 3rd Gen CPUs supported a feature called limited overclocking. You could increase the maximum multiplier by up to +4 bins.

Default Specs

3700 MHz - 1 core active

3700 MHz - 2 cores active

3600 MHz - 3 cores active

3500 MHz - 4 cores active

Overclocked Specs

4100 MHz - 1 core active

4100 MHz - 2 cores active

4000 MHz - 3 cores active

3900 MHz - 4 cores active

They dropped this feature when the 4th Gen desktop CPUs were released.

I have a 4th Gen mobile Core i7. It only supports +2 bins of overclocking. The 4800MQ was +4 bins and I think the 4900MQ was +6 bins.

zaXzxAx.png

4 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

Many of Intel's 3rd Gen CPUs supported a feature called limited overclocking. You could increase the maximum multiplier by up to +4 bins.

Default Specs

3700 MHz - 1 core active

3700 MHz - 2 cores active

3600 MHz - 3 cores active

3500 MHz - 4 cores active

Overclocked Specs

4100 MHz - 1 core active

4100 MHz - 2 cores active

4000 MHz - 3 cores active

3900 MHz - 4 cores active

They dropped this feature when the 4th Gen desktop CPUs were released.

I have a 4th Gen mobile Core i7. It only supports +2 bins of overclocking. The 4800MQ was +4 bins and I think the 4900MQ was +6 bins.

zaXzxAx.png

I know that but i can overclock 1, 2, 3 and 4 active cores to 4.1 like the 9900ks

In theory, you are only supposed to get 3.9 GHz when 4 cores are active. Can you post a screenshot of XTU while your CPU is fully loaded running the built in stress test or benchmark?