Advice sought for CPU, motherboard and storage upgrade

New computer

Hello, I am seeking advice in relation to a few upgrades I am looking to complete on my current build. I use it for gaming and internet browsing, nothing else at the moment. I play at 1080p and have a 60hz monitor which I am unlikely to change in the next couple of years. 

I currently have the following build:

Intel Core i5 4670K

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm), fitted with a Corsair ML fan

Msi 1070 gaming x

MSI Z87-G43 (blue board) 

2 x 4gb Corsair vengeance ram, 1600mhz

Samsung evo 250gb ssd

Western Digital Black 750gb

Western digital blue 1tb

Be quiet! System power 9 600 watt 80+ bronze PSU

NZXT Source 340 Elite White Mid Tower Case

I have only just changed the power supply so am happy to keep that as well as the case, I have case fans I am happy with to. I am looking to improve my storage with another SSD as I can barely fit modern warfare and the OS on my 250gb drive so it would be great to have some additional room with the higher speeds.

My research has said that 16gb of RAM will be sufficient for the coming years of gaming and I’ll get 2x8 (highest clock speed at reasonable price) so that I can always upgrade later to 32gb. 

I am leaning towards the 3600 due to its current price being about £150, however would seek advice on that and also which motherboards are good and why. I know there are new processors coming out soon but prices are being slashed because of this and I’m happy to be a generation behind, especially as I’m about 6 generations behind at the moment. 

I will probably change the GPU in a couple of years and again would be happy to have a previous generation GPU but my 1070 holds up really well at the moment. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this!

1 minute ago, PaulPaul said:

Great choice

2 minutes ago, PaulPaul said:

motherboards are good

Definitely want to look at B450 for value. However it's probably worth waiting for B550, which should be coming June 16 I believe, to what the options are like on it. As far as B450, the MSI boards are probably best. Look at the MSI Mortar Max or the Tomohawk Max. The Max means they are 3rd gen ready so you shouldn't need to worry about a bios update

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

25 minutes ago, marmour said:

Great choice

Definitely want to look at B450 for value. However it's probably worth waiting for B550, which should be coming June 16 I believe, to what the options are like on it. As far as B450, the MSI boards are probably best. Look at the MSI Mortar Max or the Tomohawk Max. The Max means they are 3rd gen ready so you shouldn't need to worry about a bios update

Thanks for the reply, do you know why the newer boards will be better?

3 minutes ago, PaulPaul said:

Thanks for the reply, do you know why the newer boards will be better?

PCIe Gen4, guaranteed support for Ryzen 4000, maybe better vrms for roughly the same price.