XMP with 2 different brands of RAM sticks

Hey guys! So I want to put 8gb of ram in plus in my system, but I might have a problem.

Right now I have 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz CL15 on a B350 Tomahawk board. I found some cheap 2x4gb HyperX Fury 3000Mhz CL15 and I was wondering if XMP would still work fine since they have pretty much the same specs. Even manual overclocking isn't an issue, I just wanna make sure that they work at 3000Mhz. 

Sorry in advance if the topic has already been answered, a link to that topic would be awesome if one already exists. Cheers!

yeah, it should run perfectly fine, just turn on xmp and set the frequency to 3200Mhz and you are good to go.

10 minutes ago, Aghevl said:

Hey guys! So I want to put 8gb of ram in plus in my system, but I might have a problem.

Right now I have 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz CL15 on a B350 Tomahawk board. I found some cheap 2x4gb HyperX Fury 3000Mhz CL15 and I was wondering if XMP would still work fine since they have pretty much the same specs. Even manual overclocking isn't an issue, I just wanna make sure that they work at 3000Mhz. 

Sorry in advance if the topic has already been answered, a link to that topic would be awesome if one already exists. Cheers!

5 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

yeah, it should run perfectly fine, just turn on xmp and set the frequency to 3200Mhz and you are good to go.

hell no. Lucky if you get 2666mhz at best.

5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

hell no. Lucky if you get 2666mhz at best.

i know for a fact corsair vengeance 3000mhz gets 3200mhz easily.

another thing to mention, you can set the two seperate brands at two different speeds

1 minute ago, GoodEnough said:

i know for a fact corsair vengeance 3000mhz gets 3200mhz easily.

another thing to mention, you can set the two seperate brands at two different speeds

on a first gen ryzen motherboard? you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

10 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

on a first gen ryzen motherboard? you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

sorry for the wait response, i was being attacked by a mosquito, my a/c sucks them in like a vacuum cleaner.

i thought he had a b450m for some reason, but again, its 8:30 am and i still havent gone to bed lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 3:21 PM, TrigrH said:

Would a bios update solve the issue? I wanna buy a 3300X/1600AF later this month together with a new 8gb kit of ram, so that would be necessary. And if not, can I be sure that buying the same ram kit would be alright XMP/manual OC with all slots populated?

7 hours ago, Aghevl said:

Would a bios update solve the issue? I wanna buy a 3300X/1600AF later this month together with a new 8gb kit of ram, so that would be necessary. And if not, can I be sure that buying the same ram kit would be alright XMP/manual OC with all slots populated?

With a bios update and a 3300x it might work as the newer CPU has better ram support.

• 1 month later...

RAM arrived faster and I tried to install it and see if it is alright. It works manually overclocked at 2800Mhz CL16 and 1.35V first try. This is enough for me so there is no reason to try going higher with the frequency. Stock BIOS, B350 Tomahawk, R3 1200 OC'd to 3.9ghz. Sticks used are CMK8GX4M2C3000C16 and CMK8GX4M2C3000C15, 2x4 + 2x4.

Updated the thread because it might help someone.

• 1 year later...

Hi i had a thermaltake toughram 16Gb (8*2)3200mhz 

And hyperx kingston fury 8Gb 3200mhz

I TRIED TURNING ON XMP and didn't work so i booted into safe mode and disabled xmp. 

What if i overclock manually would it work and at which frequency should i use pls help me. I had a pc 1 year and am not having my fully ram performance its stuck on 2400mhz