need help choosing a psu for z490

Alwaroo

im planning on getting 10700kf and z490 tomahawk and i just realised  my current psu is a corsair txm 650w gold  and that only has a 8 pin connector for the cpu but the z490 tomahawk needs 8 + 4 pin so im looking through some uk sites to find one and im struggling posting this if anyone can help me ? only one that i think that can support the motherboard not sure tho but its the EVGA 650 Watt GQ Gold idk if that any good.

yipes, that is definitely quite the predicament, have you considered looking into some kind of dongle for your 8 pin connector so you dont need to get a new psu?

3 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

yipes, that is definitely quite the predicament, have you considered looking into some kind of dongle for your 8 pin connector so you dont need to get a new psu?

no not really dont know were to look for that would support the txm 650

Just now, Alwaroo said:

no not really dont know were to look for that would support the txm 650

is it just one 8 pin or is it two 4 pins that your psu has

2 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

is it just one 8 pin or is it two 4 pins that your psu has

4 + 4 i think

can you provide me a link from  amazon uk ? and you sure these will connect with my psu 

4 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

could you  also help me find a psu that has support for this mobo already cause im pretty much upgrading my cpu and mobo and i want to change my psu as well but i dont know much about cpus and cant find anytthing from uk either im blind or something idk 

4 minutes ago, Alwaroo said:

could you  also help me find a psu that has support for this mobo already cause im pretty much upgrading my cpu and mobo and i want to change my psu as well but i dont know much about cpus and cant find anytthing from uk either im blind or something idk 

just found something that may help you look for a psu

"The extra +4 (or even +8 on ultra-high-end boards) is for extreme overclocking (aka LN2) and can be safely ignored."

just found something that may help you look for a psu

"The extra +4 (or even +8 on ultra-high-end boards) is for extreme overclocking (aka LN2) and can be safely ignored."

thats the  thing i plann on overclocking the cpu xD

Just now, Alwaroo said:

thats the  thing i plann on overclocking the cpu xD

thats  why i wanna  get a entire nnew psu  that just has support for it without adapters you know

Just now, Alwaroo said:

thats  why i wanna  get a entire nnew psu  that just has support for it without adapters you know

so your saying your going to do extreme over 1 GHz overclocks using liquid nitrogen? because thats what the extra connecter is for, its for extreme subzero overclocks lol

1 minute ago, GoodEnough said:

so your saying your going to do extreme over 1 GHz overclocks using liquid nitrogen? because thats what the extra connecter is for, its for extreme subzero overclocks lol

ofc  not but maybe try gettinng a all core 5.0/5.1 ghz oc and im pretty sure just the 8 pin wont be enough 

2 minutes ago, Alwaroo said:

ofc  not but maybe try gettinng a all core 5.0/5.1 ghz oc and im pretty sure just the 8 pin wont be enough 

*cough* i had no idea your cpu had a tdp of 125, if thats the case use this https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-focus-plus-750-gold-ssr-750fx-750w/p/N82E16817151187?Item=N82E16817151187&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=11552995&PID=2012219&SID=&cjevent=0f891ec1a24b11ea821402c70a240614

its out of stock there, but you can always look elsewhere for it.

that  one in the uk isnt coming till 31st july :(

Just now, Alwaroo said:

that  one in the uk isnt coming till 31st july :(

yeah thats the issue, thats why i sent you the adapter instead of the psu

yeah thats the issue, thats why i sent you the adapter instead of the psu

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-evga-gq-series-80plus-gold-hybrid-modular-sli-crossfire-single-rail-54a-plus12v-1x135mm-fan-atx
this is the only onne  i could  find with 2 4 +4 cpu cables but i dont know if  this psu is any good any to  tier list is says its for dgpu i dont even know what that is xD

1 minute ago, Alwaroo said:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-evga-gq-series-80plus-gold-hybrid-modular-sli-crossfire-single-rail-54a-plus12v-1x135mm-fan-atx
this is the only onne  i could  find with 2 4 +4 cpu cables but i dont know if  this psu is any good any to  tier list is says its for dgpu i dont even know what that is xD

cant be any worse than my psu lmao, mines a 750w, but its only like 40 euro, which is kinda eh, im surprised it hasnt exploded yet.

The 8-pin EPS can deliver 336 watts. Why would you think that overloading the cable with an adapter(which could melt or cause fire) is fine while using only the 8-pin(it's totally enough) isn't fine?

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

You don't need the extra 4-pin CPU, even if you are trying to do 5.1GHz all core on the 10700k. I can get my 9900k, which is basically a 10700k, to 5.1GHz all core with just a single 8-pin in the motherboard (I need to update my signature, that's my old mobo)

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti