Quick question I have been watching your videos and have seen a lot about thermal throttling.

HA1F AL1VE

I have done stand alone engine management systems on all my person vehicles due to I can’t leave anything I own stock but aside from that I dismantled a old win xp hp laptop to extend the monitor and install it in my truck as a tuning pc but as I run it it’s on board Gpu and many other chips are crazy hot just running Windows alone is it worth it to cool every chip? Thanks for your help!

5 minutes ago, HA1F AL1VE said:

crazy hot

Eventually it'll melt the mobo, and if it's an HP laptop, probably burn your truck to the ground in the process.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

10 minutes ago, HA1F AL1VE said:

I have done stand alone engine management systems on all my person vehicles due to I can’t leave anything I own stock but aside from that I dismantled a old win xp hp laptop to extend the monitor and install it in my truck as a tuning pc but as I run it it’s on board Gpu and many other chips are crazy hot just running Windows alone is it worth it to cool every chip? Thanks for your help!

How hot? Up to 95 degrees is technically fine

13 hours ago, HA1F AL1VE said:

worth it to cool every chip

Let me put it a different way:

fancy customized truck - 30k$

Shitty HP laptop parts - 100$

Cooling shitty HP laptop parts - 20$

Not cooling shitty hp laptop parts - truck catches fire, burns to the ground, loss of 30k$

Which one is worth more to you, saving 20$ in parts, or risking a 30k$ truck?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.