B450 tomahawk board wont power after i install ryzen 5 2600x

So i got my Ryzen 5 2600x and was excited to get my computer up and running but was disappointed to see that my motherboard will not power. I took out my cpu and left my ram and gpu in and it powered on with no problem and the cpu light flashed red (no cpu installed) i tried updating the bios and its not my ram and gpu for sure but board will power with them installed. I have the ryzen 5 2600x and B450 Tomahawk (Non max). Pls help. NOTE: If its my cpu i may still be able to get it exchanged. 

deleted

Edited by GamingSeargent
How to delete comment?

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B550 Tomahawk

16GB 3600mHz Trident Z RGB

1650 Super

Fractal Design Meshify C

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

2 hours ago, Mr.ComputerBuilder said:

its not my ram and gpu for sure

How did you test your RAM and GPU?

41 minutes ago, FriedEngineer said:

How did you test your RAM and GPU?

Lent my ram and gpu to someone i trust and they said it worked and i still have same problem if i take them out and leave cpu with ram (No power) and with no ram . Also used different ram and still have the same problem. 😑 Also want to lend cpu so they can test but idk about that, dont want them to bend pins. 

If you suspect the Cpu is bad, and it sounds like the board is working properly, return the Cpu.

edit:

But try to clear the cmos one good time first.

11 minutes ago, Mr.ComputerBuilder said:

Lent my ram and gpu to someone i trust and they said it worked and i still have same problem if i take them out and leave cpu with ram (No power) and with no ram . Also used different ram and still have the same problem. 😑

Thats good enough for me.

if you have a friend who your cool lending stuff to, couldn’t you just go to their place with your CPU and try it with them? They can touch all their stuff (removing whatever CPU they have and such) and you just install your CPU to make sure you don’t bend the pins.

10 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

If you suspect the Cpu is bad, and it sounds like the board is working properly, return the Cpu.

edit:

But try to clear the cmos one good time first.

I'm not quite sure it's the cpu because I bought it recently at microcenter, but it could be possible to get a dead cpu and I'll try to clear the cmos a good time.

10 hours ago, FriedEngineer said:

Thats good enough for me.

if you have a friend who your cool lending stuff to, couldn’t you just go to their place with your CPU and try it with them? They can touch all their stuff (removing whatever CPU they have and such) and you just install your CPU to make sure you don’t bend the pins.

Yes, but the world is in a pandemic, my friends parents probably wouldn't let me enter for their safety so I'll have to work out something with him.

20 minutes ago, Mr.ComputerBuilder said:

I'm not quite sure it's the cpu because I bought it recently at microcenter, but it could be possible to get a dead cpu and I'll try to clear the cmos a good time.

Diagnostics aren't always quick and easy. 

See if they will exchange it, or perhaps they will diag the PC for you at low cost or free. 

40 minutes ago, Mr.ComputerBuilder said:

Yes, but the world is in a pandemic, my friends parents probably wouldn't let me enter for their safety so I'll have to work out something with him.

Yeah, I wasn't really considering the pandemic, sorry (where I'm at has barely been affected and I was working on a MS degree online before and after so I barely left the house anyways)

43 minutes ago, Mr.ComputerBuilder said:

I bought it recently at microcenter

I agree with @ShrimpBrime, I would absolutely go back to microcenter. They have pretty good on-site diagnostics and should be able to get it sorted pretty quickly. I have gotten DOA CPUs it's just pretty uncommon.