3600 vs 3700x

So I've been looking around and seeing that the overall gaming performance for 1080, and 1440p isn't Massive between the 3600 and the 3700x. 

I don't play an insane amount of games that are insanely intensive, currently my most intensive addiction has to be ARK: Survival Evolved.

For the 130 ish dollars in savings, would this CPU still be fine to game and stream at 1080P? 

I'll be using 32GB of dd4-3200 ram and a RX5700 XT Sapphire Nitro+

The fast answer = yes.

Nice thing about AM4, upgrade to 4000 series later.

Get the 3600.

1 minute ago, DefeatedSouls said:

So I've been looking around and seeing that the overall gaming performance for 1080, and 1440p isn't Massive between the 3600 and the 3700x. 

I don't play an insane amount of games that are insanely intensive, currently my most intensive addiction has to be ARK: Survival Evolved.

For the 130 ish dollars in savings, would this CPU still be fine to game and stream at 1080P? 

Both are totally fine streaming, but 1440p the 3700x might fare better in more heavily-threaded games, but usually the GPU matters the most for gaming, by a lot, so I wouldn't be concerned.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

1 minute ago, DefeatedSouls said:

From my own research when looking to upgrade the 3700x might be a step better than the 3600 but it bag per $ for each has the 3600 the better deal. If you have the $$ to spare and then some get the better one if you are looking for a good price for your hardware then go for the 3600

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

The fast answer = yes.

Nice thing about AM4, upgrade to 4000 series later.

Get the 3600.

wait the 4000 series is still going to be am4? I thought It would be am5 since 3rd gen was the last promised year for am4

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

wait the 4000 series is still going to be am4? I thought It would be am5 since 3rd gen was the last promised year for am4

misinformed. AMD never claimed that. And it' s pretty much common knowledge, that 4000 series will be AM4 compatible..

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

Wicked! Thanks guys, I don't plan on a lot of 1440p, that would be more so to just see how it performs. I originally was going for the 3700x, but seeing the videos and these comments makes me aware, i'll be fine coming from my 4790 and 1050 ti Haha 

2 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Nope totally going to be AM4. This is 7nm+ not a die shrink. Gonna slap right into existing boards. 

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

Nope totally going to be AM4. This is 7nm+ not a die shrink. Gonna slap right into existing boards. 

So in the future I can upgrade to the 4000 series, fabulous 3600 it is! Thanks All!!

CPU_Roadmap.thumb.png.2eb20ae0dd5e87ca9becddb472e7a520.png