GTX 1080+RX570

LogicTree

Hi,

I've got a 8700k+gtx1080 in my main system right now that I use for work, gaming, and a plex server. I used to mine ETH and have a bunch of rx570s lying around.

Is there any way for me to make use of an rx570 in the main rig in addition to my 1080? Tell plex to use it for transcoding? Enhance the graphics of my 2nd monitor? Any thoughts at all for how to make use of one (or more!) of these rx570s in my existing system would be legitaf.

Thanks all, hope you're staying safe.

No, adding both cards will only create a driver nightmare

12 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

No, adding both cards will only create a driver nightmare

Actually, I had run a GTX alongside my 570 and I decided that I would download the Radeon drivers from their site, while I let device manager handle the GeForce drivers. I think this kept the software suites from conflicting with one another. However, this was for folding@home, I don't know if that same usefulness can be found here.

Trash beauty:

CPU: Xeon X5550

GPU: RX 570 4GB (defective)

SSD: Fattydove Racing 240GB

HDD: WD Blue 320GB

Motherboard: HP Z400

Ram: 6x2GB DDR3 1066

PSU: Corsair TX650

Well there are some directX 12 games that support SFR or Explicit Multi-GPU  which means you can make use of bot of your GPUs and possibly gain some extra FPS compared to running the 1080 ti on its own... although I am not sure if its worth it in terms of lag jittering and various bugs etc because I havent test it yet.. the thing I know for sure is that the game list that support either of those features is quite small.

8 hours ago, Donut Dan said:

Actually, I had run a GTX alongside my 570 and I decided that I would download the Radeon drivers from their site, while I let device manager handle the GeForce drivers. I think this kept the software suites from conflicting with one another. However, this was for folding@home, I don't know if that same usefulness can be found here.

Nvidia drivers are hard coded to give out an error if an AMD card is detected. Not sure how your situation was but I've seen it multiple times when attempted

4 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Nvidia drivers are hard coded to give out an error if an AMD card is detected. Not sure how your situation was but I've seen it multiple times when attempted

my card was able to game and run folding, what is the specific error that is designed to come up? Also, I'm definitely not the first person who's run AMD and nvidia side by side, so I'm not super sure about this "hard coded error." How is this meant to work with things like the Ryzen APU series, such as the 2200G, which have Vega graphics onboard? Certainly these work fine with nvidia graphics cards?

Trash beauty:

CPU: Xeon X5550

GPU: RX 570 4GB (defective)

SSD: Fattydove Racing 240GB

HDD: WD Blue 320GB

Motherboard: HP Z400

Ram: 6x2GB DDR3 1066

PSU: Corsair TX650