1st PC build, constructive criticism?

WarPickle

Started working out my first PC build since this whole COVID-19 started lol, target range is $1500-2250 CAD not including peripherals. I'm looking for constructive criticism within a reasonable price margin, for simplicity sakes I want to avoid water cooling and would much rather upgrade to a heat sink when the time comes, but if a valid argument against what I'd prefer  exists I'd love to hear it. Future upgrades is therefore something I want to know about and based off of my limited understanded (hey, I'm new!) I'm already pretty sure you guy's will tear apart my choice in motherboard and CPU; btw that ain't a bad thing lol. If you have any experiences on these hardware pieces (especially if there's any incompatibilities!!) it'd save me atleast an hour or 2 lol, so with all of that said here's what I've got:

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F for $265

Ryzen 7 2700X for $320

VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB(2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600M for $174

CX Series™ CX750M — 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Rating for $155

GIGABYTE Radeon RX Vega 64 DirectX 12 GV for $390

Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1Tb SSD for $220

Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 2TB 3.5 7200rpm 64MB cache SATA III for $90

Noctua NF-F12 PWM, 4-Pin Premium $23, each planning on buying 2 ($46)

Fractal Design Meshify C Black ATX High-Airflow Compact Mid Tower Computer Case comes with 2 X2 GP-12 fans for $110

Overall this build comes to $1770 before taxes and shipping, I'd love to hear anything from you guys, particularly BIOS things because I know nothing outside of youtube!!

2 minutes ago, WarPickle said:

Started working out my first PC build since this whole COVID-19 started lol, target range is $1500-2250 CAD not including peripherals. I'm looking for constructive criticism within a reasonable price margin, for simplicity sakes I want to avoid water cooling and would much rather upgrade to a heat sink when the time comes, but if a valid argument against what I'd prefer  exists I'd love to hear it. Future upgrades is therefore something I want to know about and based off of my limited understanded (hey, I'm new!) I'm already pretty sure you guy's will tear apart my choice in motherboard and CPU; btw that ain't a bad thing lol. If you have any experiences on these hardware pieces (especially if there's any incompatibilities!!) it'd save me atleast an hour or 2 lol, so with all of that said here's what I've got:

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F for $265

Ryzen 7 2700X for $320

VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB(2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600M for $174

CX Series™ CX750M — 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Rating for $155

GIGABYTE Radeon RX Vega 64 DirectX 12 GV for $390

Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1Tb SSD for $220

Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 2TB 3.5 7200rpm 64MB cache SATA III for $90

Noctua NF-F12 PWM, 4-Pin Premium $23, each planning on buying 2 ($46)

Fractal Design Meshify C Black ATX High-Airflow Compact Mid Tower Computer Case comes with 2 X2 GP-12 fans for $110

Overall this build comes to $1770 before taxes and shipping, I'd love to hear anything from you guys, particularly BIOS things because I know nothing outside of youtube!!

Tbh, You're setup seems to be awesome actually and with that Ryzen 7 processor and the vega graphics , you're gonna be far better on the gaming side. And I'm not clear on what you're asking regarding the BIOS ... It would be helpful if you ask anything specifically. If you mean about the BIOS update, we can't surely tell anything about that.. If you try booting up the rig and if any part is not detected or properly working then also you can do basic troubleshooting and if still any problem exists... That's when you probably try for a BIOS update...

And that's why I said I know nothing outside of youtube in regards to BIOS lol! Thanks a lot!

You can do much better with that budget. What are you going to use this PC for? I stuck with an 8-core CPU for now. If your main focus is gaming, then you can drop down to a 3600 and invest they saved money on the GPU

Here's a build for about the same price.

As for upgradability, you'll be able to throw up to a 3900X in there in the future. Ryzen 4000 will also be on AM4, so those are an option too in the future. 550W PSU is enough for this kind of setup. You could save some money by going with a 5700XT instead of the 2070S and have comparable performance. Case is a great choice, so I stuck with it.

9 minutes ago, WarPickle said:

I'd love to hear anything from you guys, particularly BIOS things because I know nothing outside of youtube!

Your build is ok. If it was made about a year ago. 

You can get better for the money. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($248.50 @ Vuugo) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Memory Express) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($91.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($149.75 @ Vuugo) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING AMP Video Card  ($992.50 @ Vuugo) 
Case: Cougar MX330-G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: Corsair CV 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($87.99 @ PC-Canada) 
Total: $1770.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-15 17:00 EDT-0400

This would be min-maxing more towards the GPU. So grab this, or @ShinRamen's build. Which was kinda what i was going to suggest, (more or less).