Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NEWbie PC builder

is FSP Hyper K 500 ok for this build?

Recommended Posts

it is not safe in some situations. You should get better one. cx550w or txm 550 from corsair are pretty decent


|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.       USA partpicker lists for different budgets:Partpicker (1).pdf

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NJ6kzN

Read this: 

 

 

 

 

 

 Partpicker (1).pdf

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

it is not safe in some situations. You should get better one. cx550w or txm 550 from corsair are pretty decent

thanks for the reply, I am buying a custom pc ( I chose the parts, but they only have this model of psu) 

I guess I will just buy it for now then upgrade asap

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NEWbie PC builder said:

thanks for the reply, I am buying a custom pc ( I chose the parts, but they only have this model of psu) 

I guess I will just buy it for now then upgrade asap

Avoiding those “certain situations” for the duration might be a good idea.  Not sure what they are though :/


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Avoiding those “certain situations” for the duration might be a good idea.  Not sure what they are though :/

in this case it's mainly because of the group regulation it uses, combined with the lack of some protections

 

regarding the group regulation problem specifically, you can read this:

 


PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

in this case it's mainly because of the group regulation it uses, combined with the lack of some protections

 

regarding the group regulation problem specifically, you can read this:

 

So trying to translate this the issue is it’s not good at 5v stuff and you don’t want to put a lot of 5v on the thing which would be USB for power?  So do the fan system 12v, don’t use WiFi dongles or charge your phone off it?


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

So trying to translate this the issue is it’s not good at 5v stuff and you don’t want to put a lot of 5v on the thing which would be USB for power?  So do the fan system 12v, don’t use WiFi dongles or charge your phone off it?

no, differently

 

because you use so little 5v and so much 12v, the 12v is required to get more amperage, and because the controller sees 5v and 12v as technically the same it'll push the 5v beyond specification


PSU Tier List 4.0//Motherboard Tier List//Community Standards//ATX Specification//Group Regulation//Topologies and Regulations//How many watts?//PSU Protections

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k 5.0ghz

GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming

RAM: 2x8 3333 mhz DDR4 Trident Z

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC

HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint HD103SI

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB (modified)

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX650

 

Consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 Slim Glacier White 500 GB

PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 GB

PS3 Super Slim 500 GB

PS2 OG

Xbox OG

DS Lite White

DS Lite Black/blue

DS Lite Blue

DSI XL Orange

Gameboy Advanced Color

PS Vita v2

Wii

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

So trying to translate this the issue is it’s not good at 5v stuff and you don’t want to put a lot of 5v on the thing which would be USB for power?  So do the fan system 12v, don’t use WiFi dongles or charge your phone off it?

 

12 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

no, differently

 

because you use so little 5v and so much 12v, the 12v is required to get more amperage, and because the controller sees 5v and 12v as technically the same it'll push the 5v beyond specification

thank you guys I decided to save up and find a gold psu, safer

appreciate the help though

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NEWbie PC builder said:

 

thank you guys I decided to save up and find a gold psu, safer

appreciate the help though

Gold doesnt help with that.  The PSU tierlist might though


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×