Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shreyasb

Is asrock b450m pro4 F reliable ?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey there,

I am building a budget light gaming/college PC,I saw this motherboard and it was looking decent enough for its price.I am planing to use ryzen 2400g and also I am planing to put rx570 or 1650 super later.I don't have any plan to overclock the CPU but I would like to overclock the GPU a little.

Is the motherboard reliable enough? Or should I change it?Please provide me ur suggestion.I am tight on budget also.

I hope you guy's can help 

Thanks in advance

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M Pro4-F/

Yes it is

|| ℍ𝕚 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕒 || 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: GTX 1080 || Memory: 16GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Noctua D15 || PSU: 750W EVGA G2 || Case: Define C

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Yes it is

Thanks bro it was so nice of you to help me

Yeah that board is fine but why a 2400g? 

A Ryzen 1600AF is $85 brand new on Amazon and unless someone gives you a CPU for free it's impossible to reccomend anything else. The extra two cores and 12nm process will be nice to have with a RX 570 (don't get a 1650, RX 570 is a much better value at only $80 used). 

Just now, toasty99 said:

Yeah that board is fine but why a 2400g? 

A Ryzen 1600AF is $85 brand new on Amazon and unless someone gives you a CPU for free it's impossible to reccomend anything else. 

Yay I know but It is unavailable in my region(India). Thanks for ur advice

11 minutes ago, Shreyasb said:

Yay I know but It is unavailable in my region(India). Thanks for ur advice

Might be able to import it or a regular 1600 at least? A regular 1600 is still better than a 2400g. A 2400g is just a 14nm quad core with hyperthreading. 

I don't know India's pricing well but I'd actually say if you are on a really tight budget and can't afford at least a Ryzen 1600 you might wanna check out the Intel route. I'd assume there's a lot of older Intel stuff in India. If you could find an older i7 (2600k, 3770k, 4770k, 4790k, etc) nice and cheap it may be a nice route to go. The performance would be close to a Ryzen 2400g, and you save money with the cheaper motherboards, ram, etc assuming you can find the CPUs cheaply. 

On 4/9/2020 at 1:08 PM, toasty99 said:

Might be able to import it or a regular 1600 at least? A regular 1600 is still better than a 2400g. A 2400g is just a 14nm quad core with hyperthreading. 

I don't know India's pricing well but I'd actually say if you are on a really tight budget and can't afford at least a Ryzen 1600 you might wanna check out the Intel route. I'd assume there's a lot of older Intel stuff in India. If you could find an older i7 (2600k, 3770k, 4770k, 4790k, etc) nice and cheap it may be a nice route to go. The performance would be close to a Ryzen 2400g, and you save money with the cheaper motherboards, ram, etc assuming you can find the CPUs cheaply. 

I Would try my best to get ryzen 5 1600 AF.But I can't go used market.And now I am unable to buy anything due to this situation.

And also  there is rumors that 1600af would be coming to India  so if it comes I Would go with it. Bro u recommended me to get rx570 but I have read  that  there are some driver issues of some sort so I thought of going 1650