Screen goes black (idle) when watching VLC in full screen

Coulous

Hi everyone,
Well, just as the title says. I ran into this issue several times recently, where it will switch off the screen after a while but the sound goes on, and if I move the cursor the image comes back again. So I figured that the computer does not care there is a video playing and goes idle. Does somebody know why is that and what I can do to fix it ? It's really annoying.
Thank you !

Hello.

It must be because the PC doesn't register any input, the power saving feature thus put the monitor to sleep. So lets fix that shall we?

Just open your control panel, search for power options, enter that and look to the left side on the window. There should be something about "choose when the monitor turns off" enter that and set it to whatever you want. I use 3 hours, rarely I watch a movie longer than that on my PC if ever. When set just press save and you're done.

EDIT: On Windows 10... if you can't find control panel.. just search for it in start menu or Cortana.

Thanks for the reply ! I thought about that, but it does not really fix the problem, does it ?

I would like to still let my monitor to turn off the way it does when not watching anything and not wait 3 hours... Is there no other way to fix the "input registering" issue directly then ? 😶