DOES HDMI TO DISPLAYPORT ADAPATER DISPLAY 144HZ?????

HULK.S

My graphics card only supports display port and hdmi. Hdmi only allows me to use 60hz from my 144hz monitor I've bought a hdmi to displayport adapter would this solve my problem? If plugged in to the display port slot into the graphics card then transfers to hdmi back of my monitor. A response would be helpful :)))

2 minutes ago, HULK.S said:

If plugged in to the display port slot into the graphics card then transfers to hdmi back of my monitor.

not, because it's the monitor's HDMI port that limits the refresh rate to 60Hz. You would be required to use the displayport on the monitor (or DVI port, which makes the situation even trickier) to get 144Hz

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

not, because it's the monitor's HDMI port that limits the refresh rate to 60Hz. You would be required to use the displayport on the monitor (or DVI port, which makes the situation even trickier) to get 144Hz

I think that's what he's saying - he wants to use the hdmi port on his graphics card and the displayport port on his monitor.

In which case it should work so long as the card supports 144hz output on hdmi and the adapter supports DP 1.2+.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

I think that's what he's saying - he wants to use the hdmi port on his graphics card and the displayport port on his monitor.

but that's not what I'm reading, I specifically see intended use of displayport on the graphics card and HDMI on the monitor.

If it were the other way around, yeah it would probably work.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

but that's not what I'm reading, I specifically see intended use of displayport on the graphics card and HDMI on the monitor.

Oh you're right, I just assumed because the other way around made no sense.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Which HDMI standard does your monitor support? (1.4, 2.0, etc)

Which HDMI standard does your GPU support?

10 hours ago, HULK.S said:

My graphics card only supports display port and hdmi. Hdmi only allows me to use 60hz from my 144hz monitor I've bought a hdmi to displayport adapter would this solve my problem? If plugged in to the display port slot into the graphics card then transfers to hdmi back of my monitor. A response would be helpful :)))

P.s sorry if that didn't make sense 😛

20200403_075123.jpg

Sorry for a late response back 😅😔

10 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

Dahm makes sense I guess I used to own a 1050ti before which supported dual link dvi so did my monitor. But my new 5700 xt has a dvi port but it's only on the gpu. So I've pretty much bought the wrong cable then lol.