Cloudflare is introducing Malware and Adult DNS filters.

4 hours ago, leadeater said:

Not it doesn't, you want it to and you wanting it to doesn't mean it does. What it means is you have no options and you don't like that, you're going to need a law change to fix that issue.

And again unless they are breaking laws in the country the server is in they are not breaking laws. You in your country accessing it could be breaking your laws but that is of zero concern to the website hosters. Seeing something that is illegal in your country doesn't make it illegal or a crime in another country.

Read it

https://torrentfreak.com/images/IPR_report_2019_Bulgaria_Cybercrime_department_-_GDCOC.pdf

I have no doubt that these servers are in the EU where the EUCD would apply, but, that doesn't matter when the site is intentionally stealing your content, they know what they are doing and don't care what Cloudflare passes to them.

34 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Read it

https://torrentfreak.com/images/IPR_report_2019_Bulgaria_Cybercrime_department_-_GDCOC.pdf

I have no doubt that these servers are in the EU where the EUCD would apply, but, that doesn't matter when the site is intentionally stealing your content, they know what they are doing and don't care what Cloudflare passes to them.

And none of this backs what you desire and outside of the US the majority of all copyright claims fall under civil laws not criminal laws and if you wish to try and leverage criminal laws in those countries you have to contact your local authorities so they can decide if they wish to take it further and start a criminal investigation with the aid of or handing over of the case to the foreign authority. And that's if both of them deem it worthy, that is not something you get to do.

Your other problem is even when it can fall under a criminal law most often it is a minor offence, as stated in your link, which limits investigative powers and when it comes to the EU you hit the brick walls of EU privacy law. So you generally have little to no real legal standing and no ability to build a case so like I said you have pretty much zero options and that will not change without law changes.

Every case thus far that has made it to court anywhere in the world has refused to make a ruling around if companies like Cloudflare have any liability because case precedent like that is far more serious than you realize, it would have ramifications beyond copyright. No court is willing to rule on it because nobody has made a sufficient case argument and victim impact statement to warrant it, the bar is set extremely high for a reason. I'm also only talking about CDN and reverse proxy services.

When it comes to DNS I highly doubt any court ever, no matter, will be insane enough to rule any liability from hosting DNS records, that I am very sure of.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

And none of this backs what you desire and outside of the US the majority of all copyright claims fall under civil laws not criminal laws and if you wish to try and leverage criminal laws ...

Aren't you tired of this "fingers in ears" act.

I've proven that Clouldflare knows exactly what's doing, and knows who it has for customers. The DNS is the only weakness these piracy sites have, and that is in US jurisdiction, of which big, corporations with deep pockets with the assistance of the US legal system can get Cloudflare to cooperate, once in a while.

That does not help all the Patreon artists who may reside anywhere in the world from having their content stolen by their own Patreon members, uploaded to YP who ignores DMCA's, and hosted by hosting companies who ignore DMCA's, and thus Cloudflare is the only lever in this. Quite frankly, I'm surprised they had the balls to IPO, because that exposes everyone who invests in them to the same liability of knowing cloudflare's culpability.

You may not like it, but that is exactly what those big companies target, the DNS operator, and the DNS registrar. 

And don't BS me further on this. If people can be arrested at the US border for investing in pot companies, investors in piracy-friendly companies sure can too.

8 minutes ago, Kisai said:

Aren't you tired of this "fingers in ears" act.

No because that's not what happening here, you don't like situation nor people explaining why it is. You need law changes to support what you want, it's as simple as that. Without that all you can do is complain.

Cloudflare knowing or not is actually irrelevant, not until a law makes it so.