Audio cutting out

jjohnston7410

i have my sound coming out of speakers through audio jack plugged into my monitor, every 20 minutes or so the sound cuts out and i have to go to the volume and click it 5 to 10 times and then the sound comes back,

does anyone have any idea what this is and how to fix it?

thanks

Have LOGITECH Z333 Multimedia 2.1 PC Speakers, Asus XG27VQ monitor with Windows 10 OS, 

Try plugging headphones into the monitor to see if they do it too, and plugging the speakers directly to the PC.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

what wires do i need to run it from the pc directly, i have seen that it can be damaging to run it through audio jack, also every time i change the volume theres a static sound for around 10 seconds 

2 minutes ago, jjohnston7410 said:

what wires do i need to run it from the pc directly

Exactly the same as you use to plug into the monitor's headphone jack...

3 minutes ago, jjohnston7410 said:

i have seen that it can be damaging to run it through audio jack

WTF?!

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I'd use the 3.5mm port on the back of the PC for the best sound with your current setup. There shouldn't be any risk of damaging the port, if there is it's a motherboard or sound chip issue (I use Mac so I can't speak to what that's like these days on PC)

As for cut-outs I'd guess a bad HDMI cable (if that's how you're transmitting the audio to the display), or the monitor's audio amp isn't keeping up. 

Do you hear the static while changing volume and plugged directly into the PC?

For best audio quality, a USB interface will produce the best results (usually $150-250 unless you need lots of preamps or want more control over I/O). Used may be a good option too, audio gear doesn't age the same way as PC hardware so it's easy to find a good deal on OfferUp or Ebay. Less electrical noise and better converters should mean a higher signal-to-noise ratio and better amplification for your cans

20 hours ago, patchboy said:

I'd use the 3.5mm port on the back of the PC for the best sound with your current setup. There shouldn't be any risk of damaging the port, if there is it's a motherboard or sound chip issue (I use Mac so I can't speak to what that's like these days on PC)

As for cut-outs I'd guess a bad HDMI cable (if that's how you're transmitting the audio to the display), or the monitor's audio amp isn't keeping up. 

Do you hear the static while changing volume and plugged directly into the PC?

For best audio quality, a USB interface will produce the best results (usually $150-250 unless you need lots of preamps or want more control over I/O). Used may be a good option too, audio gear doesn't age the same way as PC hardware so it's easy to find a good deal on OfferUp or Ebay. Less electrical noise and better converters should mean a higher signal-to-noise ratio and better amplification for your cans

thanks mate, i have now plugged it into the back USB port and it all seems good now not had any issues since. thanks