Some helps building a new PC in a weird unique situation!

AmyTheBun

Hey guys! I'm upgrading my old PC because it's driving me nuts, and I live in middle east so prices here are VERY strange compared to elsewhere and it's confusing me.

My usage is mainly doing CAD (Fusion 360) /coding programming with LOTS of pdfs and tabs open (datsheets etc) and some PCB design software, some heavy IDEs some virtual machines etc. I also run out of ram in my current 8gb ram PC with a 3570k. I want the CPU to be faster but anything thesedays from what I see is far far faster than my 3570k.

while most of my games aren't AAA (more of an indie type of gal) but I absolutely love Monster Hunter World and it runs like crap on my PC! But it's okay-ish. probably despite the issues i have running games at 2560x1440p with my rx 480 i'll keep it or get a used gtx 1080. Fusion doens't need THAT much of a GPU does it?

I'm also not into overclocking but don't mind it, Like I don't enjoy it? Unless it's a really helpful and big enough difference.

so I'm just gonna share some prices down here because I'm confused and can't decide what to choose. I was hoping to go with amd but intel sounds far cheaper?

Ryzen 7 2700x is 340$~

Ryzen 7 2700 is 296$ 

Intel i5-9600k is 286$

asus is popular here so most of the motherboards i find are asus

ASUS PRIME B450M-A  121$

ASUS TUF B450 PRO GAMING(lol) motherboard 176$

ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS AM4 MAINBOARD 143$

meanwhile z390 motherboards are from 250$ to 360$ 😧

these are the absolute max of my budget, is there a cheaper option you'd recommend?  for example the ryzen  5 2600x is 234$ and 9300F from intel is 218$ and ryzen 3 1300x is 150$

I'll ofc have to add money for the ram (16gb) ssd (500gb cause I use a lot of storage that needs to be fast for my coding projects) and 2tb of SSD (games be big dese days D:) and a psu and a case and so on and so forth, but they'd be the same price between them right? maybe i'll buy a used gtx 1080? cause I can sell my rx 480. otherwise I will just put it in the new PC. 

EDIT: HUh. 500gb of WD Blue ssd is 85$ here while an m.2 nvme Lexar NM610 M.2 2280 NVMe 500GB SSD is 71$!? am I missing something?!

also I'm on a very low budget, keep in mind i'm coming from a 3570k which is a fossil at this point. so what i consider slow is a 6 year old CPU. so keep that in mind!

5 minutes ago, AmyTheBun said:

will just put it in the new PC. 

Given what you are working with, I'd start with maxing out the RAM (32GB).

Also, I'd look into those programs you use heavily, and find out how well optimized they are for either many cores, or many threads, before choosing a CPU. The rest will fall into place after that

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Given what you are working with, I'd start with maxing out the RAM (32GB).

Also, I'd look into those programs you use heavily, and find out how well optimized they are for either many cores, or many threads, before choosing a CPU. The rest will fall into place after that

i'm already buying this with monhtly payments! I can't AT ALL afford ram.

most use many cores tbh. I'm just looking for the most budget friendly tbh! 

16gb will be more than enouhg. I have 8gb now, and like 1-2gb more ram would be enough if i'm being honest? since it's not everyday that I run out.

4 minutes ago, AmyTheBun said:

budget friendly tbh! 

Gotcha. In the rest of the world, AMD Ryzen prices undercut Intel by a ton, but both of those CPUS you list will run circles around what you currently have with more RAM so you really can't go wrong with either of them.

I'm not a Ryzen expert (I only use Xeons in my builds) but the non-x version is lower TDP, though not as fast as the X version (I suppose in certain situations)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Gotcha. In the rest of the world, AMD Ryzen prices undercut Intel by a ton, but both of those CPUS you list will run circles around what you currently have with more RAM so you really can't go wrong with either of them.

I'm not a Ryzen expert (I only use Xeons in my builds) but the non-x version is lower TDP, though not as fast as the X version (I suppose in certain situations)

But the motherboards are so pricey! is there any other chipset I could go with for the motherboard? it's like 2-3x the price of amd motherboards!

and also didn't intel have a lot of security issues needing patches that reduce performance etc?

what about the cheaper 2600x. is that also a good option comapred to my 3570k that i use right now? to me every cent saved  counts and I will probably leave the country in 2 years if everything goes well! but 2 years is still a long time to live with such a terrible PC!

3 minutes ago, AmyTheBun said:

motherboards are so pricey!

Most of your "gaming" mobos are...

do they have PCPartPicker.com available in your country?

What is your budget?

Have you considered going used?

16 minutes ago, AmyTheBun said:

But the motherboards are so pricey! is there any other chipset I could go with for the motherboard? it's like 2-3x the price of amd motherboards!

and also didn't intel have a lot of security issues needing patches that reduce performance etc?

what about the cheaper 2600x. is that also a good option comapred to my 3570k that i use right now? to me every cent saved  counts and I will probably leave the country in 2 years if everything goes well! but 2 years is still a long time to live with such a terrible PC!

The Ryzen 7 2700x is the best budget option for multi-tasking thanks to its 8 cores 16 threads , comes with literally the best stock cooler u can find so u really don't need to buy an aftermarket cooler. but considering ur budget , look into the Ryzen 5 1600 AF ( make sure it's AF cause it's much better than non AF) here it's going for 90$ so Idk how much will it be in ur country but should be really affordable. It has the same performance as a Ryzen 5 2600 which is a great processor.

For the SSD it is possible sometimes that NVME is cheaper than SSD because cheap old mother boards don't have NVME slots so people tend to buy SSD more so theres more demand, (also NVME isn't THAT much faster as far as I can tell but if its cheaper than SSD get it for sure).

GPU if u want to game on decent settings the rx 480 will suffer really hard , if u can find a good deal for a gtx 1080 u will have a much much greater time.

Edit: if u want a great new budget gpu there's the 1650 super , its a really decent gpu and it's 160$ over here. But ofc the 1080 will get u like 20 fps more on avarage so yea...

what's the used market like where you are? would it be worth looking into upgrading your current platform instead of replacing it? you could get an i7 3770k + 16GB ram. it wouldn't be as much of a performance upgrade but it could also be significantly cheaper.

12 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Most of your "gaming" mobos are...

do they have PCPartPicker.com available in your country?

What is your budget?

Have you considered going used?

No I sadly don't and I live in iran!

8 hours ago, nickd_games said:

what's the used market like where you are? would it be worth looking into upgrading your current platform instead of replacing it? you could get an i7 3770k + 16GB ram. it wouldn't be as much of a performance upgrade but it could also be significantly cheaper.

is it really actually faster tho? plus my PC has some random issues after a power surge years ago. it keeps freezing the screen like once or twice a week. like even the reset button doesn't work when it happens, and it happens on linux too. so not a windows fault either. I'm 99% sure it's hardware at this point

12 hours ago, Bruh1 said:

The Ryzen 7 2700x is the best budget option for multi-tasking thanks to its 8 cores 16 threads , comes with literally the best stock cooler u can find so u really don't need to buy an aftermarket cooler. but considering ur budget , look into the Ryzen 5 1600 AF ( make sure it's AF cause it's much better than non AF) here it's going for 90$ so Idk how much will it be in ur country but should be really affordable. It has the same performance as a Ryzen 5 2600 which is a great processor.

For the SSD it is possible sometimes that NVME is cheaper than SSD because cheap old mother boards don't have NVME slots so people tend to buy SSD more so theres more demand, (also NVME isn't THAT much faster as far as I can tell but if its cheaper than SSD get it for sure).

GPU if u want to game on decent settings the rx 480 will suffer really hard , if u can find a good deal for a gtx 1080 u will have a much much greater time.

Edit: if u want a great new budget gpu there's the 1650 super , its a really decent gpu and it's 160$ over here. But ofc the 1080 will get u like 20 fps more on avarage so yea...

I couldn't find it. only the non AF but are the 5 2600 and the one you mentioned really more powerful than my i5? I'm worried if I go with a cheaper CPU it won't be that different than what I have. it's 150$ here. the 1600 non af. I could link you some websites but the numbers are actually also different in Persian :P