Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi I’m using the Ryzen 5 3600 and I used to get around 100000 ppd but now for some reason it is very slow. I only get 5000 ppd 

(I have the pass key and it’s set on max)

Link to post
Share on other sites

First, Be aware that some work units don't provide as many credits as the others and you might have just got unlucky a few times in a row, You can check the credit and PPD of specifically your CPU in the advanced control client.

 

(Open task bar, Right click on FaH logo and select advanced control)

 

image.thumb.png.53a37361416f9c27bacd3dc57178a602.png

 

Check to see if your chip is overheating or something else is taking up a large chunk of resources.

Then make sure that FaH is set to use all of it by opening advanced control and setting it to use 11 threads (always one less than you have in your system so your GPU isn't affected)
image.thumb.png.205df442bff9696bdc45b74a6c89f5d5.png

image.png


--- Purple Prime ---
i7 8700k + Hyper 212 Evo | MSI Z370 Gaming Pro CarbonG-Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz RGB 16GB | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti

Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM850i | Fractal Design Define R4LG 27UD68-P | Logitech G502 + G910 | Windows 10 Pro

--- Proteus Server ---

AyyMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Asrock B450m Pro-4 | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) | Sapphire RX570 NITRO+ 8GB

Crucial MX500 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB + Seagate 1TB 2.5" + 5TB iDrive  | Windows 10 Pro (Temporary)


--- Camera Stuff ---
Canon EOS 77D | Canon EF-S 18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM 
Zoom H5 + XY-5
Phone - Oneplus 6T

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I have set it to 10 threads and it usually only takes less than 2 hrs for a job with 800 base points but now it ETA is 10 hrs. For temps, I see not throttling so not sure what this problem is.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Titan223 said:

I have set it to 10 threads and it usually only takes less than 2 hrs for a job with 800 base points but now it ETA is 10 hrs. For temps, I see not throttling so not sure what this problem is.

 

It can either be the clock speed, something in the background that's taking up CPU or FaH being weird (which could probably be fixed with a restart)


--- Purple Prime ---
i7 8700k + Hyper 212 Evo | MSI Z370 Gaming Pro CarbonG-Skill Trident Z 3000Mhz RGB 16GB | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti

Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black 2TB | Corsair RM850i | Fractal Design Define R4LG 27UD68-P | Logitech G502 + G910 | Windows 10 Pro

--- Proteus Server ---

AyyMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Asrock B450m Pro-4 | Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) | Sapphire RX570 NITRO+ 8GB

Crucial MX500 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F4 2TB + Seagate 1TB 2.5" + 5TB iDrive  | Windows 10 Pro (Temporary)


--- Camera Stuff ---
Canon EOS 77D | Canon EF-S 18-55 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF-S 55-250 f/4-5.6 IS STM | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM 
Zoom H5 + XY-5
Phone - Oneplus 6T

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I have done a few restart already but still no hope. But still, thanks man. I guess I’ll just have to fold on gpu solely. 

FYI, it’s auto boosting (boosted to around 3.9 GHz in the 5 c /10 t) so clock speed is not really the reason. ;(

Link to post
Share on other sites

With any TS, look at anything that changed recently. Definitely looks like something is using CPU power. I just started today, when I got WUs my 3600 @ 4.2 all core was saying 114k/day for my CPU, then I stopped getting WUs...

 

Your TPF seems higher than I've seen, but I don't know what is usual yet, new to the whole thing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 2:56 AM, Titan223 said:

Hi I’m using the Ryzen 5 3600 and I used to get around 100000 ppd but now for some reason it is very slow. I only get 5000 ppd 

(I have the pass key and it’s set on max)

I tried using cpu (ryzen 2600 oc'd to 4.1 ghz) and it pulled in crap ppd. I think I've read not to use your cpu unless you have something like a 24c

 

I found that it actually slows my gpu down while running concurrent cpu and cpu wu's. How many threads is f@h using? What are your temperatures?

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, steelo said:

I tried using cpu (ryzen 2600 oc'd to 4.1 ghz) and it pulled in crap ppd. I think I've read not to use your cpu unless you have something like a 24c

 

I found that it actually slows my gpu down while running concurrent cpu and cpu wu's. How many threads is f@h using? What are your temperatures?

I'm also running a Ryzen 3600.  Getting no where close to the estimated ~100k ppd, but I also haven't left it running 24hr straight at any point.  

 

I would prefer to only run my gpu, but I haven't been able to get any gpu WU's since yesterday.  Anyone else having that issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 1:56 AM, Titan223 said:

Hi I’m using the Ryzen 5 3600 and I used to get around 100000 ppd but now for some reason it is very slow. I only get 5000 ppd 

(I have the pass key and it’s set on max)

Hi,

Also running a 3600, not having the same problems, but I have an idea on what's wrong.

 

That WU is actually massive. The Project Summary page says it has over 168,000 atoms, which is putting a hurt on your CPU's computing power.

 

Not sure why they wouldn't have assigned that one to GPUs, but that's how it goes sometimes.

 

Note: Is it done by now? Probably, but some info never hurt anyone.


F@H    EOC

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jctappel67 said:

Hi,

Also running a 3600, not having the same problems, but I have an idea on what's wrong.

 

That WU is actually massive. The Project Summary page says it has over 168,000 atoms, which is putting a hurt on your CPU's computing power.

 

Not sure why they wouldn't have assigned that one to GPUs, but that's how it goes sometimes.

 

Note: Is it done by now? Probably, but some info never hurt anyone.

Interesting to see the list of WUs by points and difficulty (assuming # of atoms is a proxy for difficulty).  Looks like there are some >190k atom WUs that only provide 900 points.  yikes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

I have stopped folding on my cpu completely. It just seems like a waste of power

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
22 hours ago, jctappel67 said:

Hi,

Also running a 3600, not having the same problems, but I have an idea on what's wrong.

 

That WU is actually massive. The Project Summary page says it has over 168,000 atoms, which is putting a hurt on your CPU's computing power.

 

Not sure why they wouldn't have assigned that one to GPUs, but that's how it goes sometimes.

 

Note: Is it done by now? Probably, but some info never hurt anyone.

I have finished the WU and it only gave me the base points 😢

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Titan223 said:

I have finished the WU and it only gave me the base points 😢

Might’ve gotten sent to the collection server. I think they correct those eventually.

 

Might’ve alao taken too long for bonus points.


F@H    EOC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×