Cant Decide Which SSD to buy.

My main goal is gaming. i want to buy a 512 Gb SSD, in my budget I have 2 option 1.Gigabyte 512GB M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 1.3 SSD this uses HMB technology. 2 GIGABYTE UD PRO 512GB SSD, this has a 512 mb DDR3 Cache, but not great of a review in tomshardware, i want to go with the first choice but my system has only 8 gb of ddr3 ram, so im just confused because of my lack of knowledge about this HMB thing so which one should i get. and in my coutry i could only find these 2 to be in my budget.

19 minutes ago, ZaforSadikSiam said:

and in my coutry i could only find these 2 to be in my budget.

Not even Crucial MX500 \ WD Blue 3D \ SanDisk Ultra 3D ? They're SATA but you wouldn't notice the difference with NVMe in regular usage, not to mention if it's budget NVMe which actually could be worse.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

17 minutes ago, patriotaki said:

why not corsair mp 510 or mp600?

budget, its a lot expensive compared to these 2

8 minutes ago, ZaforSadikSiam said:

budget, its a lot expensive compared to these 2

970 evo?

If you really want to go m.2, I think you would be better off with an adata sx8200 pro, it should be in the same cathegory, and I can recommend it, because I've got one thats 512 gbs and I think its really worth the price, it is even faster than those gigabyte ones if I remember well

This is a great website for SSD benchmarks. I can also say that I'm very happy with my Crucial MX500 500GB drive. Just don't let it fill up with games you don't play. 500GB does not go as far as you think it will, though it may still be a good start.

https://ssd.userbenchmark.com/

If budget is really a concern of yours, I would look at a 250GB SSD to run your Operationg System and then pair it with a cheaper 1TB 7200 rpm HDD for game storage. This may not be what you want to hear but it's a good budget solution.

First build, nothing to see here...

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro Wifi  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory STORAGE: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + Crucial MX500 500GB 

GRAPHICS: XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS Black Edition OC+ CASE: Phanteks Eclipse P400S POWER: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620 W Bronze Fully Modular

Your motherboard uses DDR3 AND has a M.2 slot that supports NVME? Are you sure?  Or are you using a PCI-E to NVME card?   You're probably better off just getting a 2.5" SATA SSD.

PC: Ryzen 5-3600 / MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus / 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 / MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x / Phanteks P400S / Gigabyte G34WQC 34" Curved Ultrawide

Laptop: Lenovo X230 / OS X 10.15 Hackintosh (OpenCore)

F@H ID: Paroxy777