Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Comedy Man 44

New Gaming PC

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi Everyone!

 

This is my first time on the forum and I am looking to get a new PC since my current one just doesn't seem to run games as well anymore. I went through newegg and found some parts for the new one, if you could please let me know if this setup makes sense and is balanced for the price I would appreciate it! I am looking to play games like BF5 and Call of Duty Warzone and my current PC crashes when I try (Intel i5-2320 and GTX 770)- Thank you!

 

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700X ($298.99) 

https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-7-3700x/p/N82E16819113567?reviews=all

 

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING ($168.99)

https://www.newegg.com/msi-mpg-x570-gaming-plus/p/N82E16813144262

 

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB 3200 ($73.99)

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820231941?Description=G.Skill Ripjaws V series 16GB&cm_re=G.Skill_Ripjaws_V_series_16GB-_-20-231-941-_-Product&quicklink=true

 

GPU: GTX 2080 Super ($699)

https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-rtx-2080-super-08g-p4-3081-kr/p/N82E16814487461?Description=Nvidia GTX 2080 super&cm_re=Nvidia_GTX_2080_super-_-14-487-461-_-Product

 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 gold ($179.98)

https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-750-g2-220-g2-0750-xr-750w/p/N82E16817438017?Description=EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2&cm_re=EVGA_SuperNOVA_750_G2-_-17-438-017-_-Product&quicklink=true

 

SSD: Crucial 1TB 3D NAND M.2 ($115)

https://www.newegg.com/crucial-p1-1tb/p/N82E16820156199?reviews=all&&quicklink=true

 

Case: Fractal Design Meshify ($89.99)

https://www.newegg.com/fractal-design-meshify-c-white-tg-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811352087?reviews=all&Item=N82E16811352087&quicklink=true

 

Total cost USD (pre-tax): $1610

Link to post
Share on other sites

motherboard is garbage, get an X570-P or elite/tuf instead.

you're spending way too much for that PSU, and you don't need a 750w unit anyway.

 


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

motherboard is garbage, get an X570-P or elite/tuf instead.

you're spending way too much for that PSU, and you don't need a 750w unit anyway.

 

What do you recommend for PSU

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($298.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($144.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF Gaming Allian 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($67.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($673.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($85.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($98.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1480.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-29 22:44 EDT-0400


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($298.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($144.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN TUF Gaming Allian 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($67.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($673.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($85.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($98.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1480.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-29 22:44 EDT-0400

Thanks for posting this, mind if I ask why you think the motherboard is garbage that I posted, I don't follow tech very closely, just curious what you spotted about it that makes it bad. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Comedy Man 44 said:

Thanks for posting this, mind if I ask why you think the motherboard is garbage that I posted, I don't follow tech very closely, just curious what you spotted about it that makes it bad. 

horrible, horrible VRM temperatures. it might be okay for a 3700x but upgrade to anything else and expect thermal throttling.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Biostar X370GT7 case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×