Should I take it?

Go to solution Solved by 5x5,

When someone refuses to test = in 99% of cases, the hardware is broken. Skip the scammer and buy a working card for slightly more

Someone is selling a used GTX 1070 for $190 but it's untested since he doesn't have a power supply to test it he didn't plug it into his motherboard the fans spin end the card lights up it also displays a please power down and plug in the pcie connector what's a chance of this card working?

3 minutes ago, Pingaz said:

Someone is selling a used GTX 1070 for $190 but it's untested since he doesn't have a power supply to test it he didn't plug it into his motherboard the fans spin end the card lights up it also displays a please power down and plug in the pcie connector what's a chance of this card working?

take over your own power supply?

Pay via paypal business so you can open a return in case it doesn't work (fees will be a quid or two but deff worth it)

i wouldn't completely blind buy it personally without testing at all. Make sure to run some benchmarks and tests to to make sure its legit.

The guy doesn't want to test it

4 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

take over your own power supply?

Pay via paypal business so you can open a return in case it doesn't work (fees will be a quid or two but deff worth it)

i wouldn't completely blind buy it personally without testing at all. Make sure to run some benchmarks and tests to to make sure its legit.

He doesn't want to test it

He said his friend gave it to him since he upgraded to a 1660ti

Edited by Pingaz

1 minute ago, Pingaz said:

well thats sketchy right there lol.

think of 1 good reason he doesn't want you to test it?

I wouldn't buy it for that price. Too risky.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

Just now, The Torrent said:

well thats sketchy right there lol.

think of 1 good reason he doesn't want you to test it?

He said he's selling it untested idk

Just now, Pingaz said:

He said he's selling it untested idk

nah dont risk it imo.

its not really an extra spectacular price anyway.

Where are you buying this from? if your buying from ebay and use paypal u got buyers protection so might be worth the risk as you can just get your money back if its fake.

1 minute ago, The Torrent said:

nah dont risk it imo.

its not really an extra spectacular price anyway.

Where are you buying this from? if your buying from ebay and use paypal u got buyers protection so might be worth the risk as you can just get your money back if its fake.

Nah it's from kijiji

Thanks guys I really appreciate your help! I've come to a decisive solution I will not be getting that card. Ty and have a great day :)

20 minutes ago, Pingaz said:

He said his friend gave it to him since he upgraded to a 1660ti

That's not even an upgrade lol 😂

Screams "scam" from every direction. There's only one reason he's selling un-tested and wont test it, becuase he know's it's screwed. If something sounds too good to be true, it normally is. Avoid it bud, save yourself the hastle. 

54 minutes ago, Pingaz said:

can someone please explain to me how this person is trying to sell this GPU if he doesn't have a power supply to test it, he didn't plug it into his motherboard, the fans spin end the card lights up, it also displays a please power down and plug in the pcie connector, if they don't have a power supply? do not walk away from this RUN. this is a scammer trying to sell you a broken card that is not worth the plastic its printed on.

11 minutes ago, tdkid said:

can someone please explain to me how this person is trying to sell this GPU if he doesn't have a power supply to test it, he didn't plug it into his motherboard, the fans spin end the card lights up, it also displays a please power down and plug in the pcie connector, if they don't have a power supply? do not walk away from this RUN. this is a scammer trying to sell you a broken card that is not worth the plastic its printed on.

looool why did i not see that pmsl

4 hours ago, The Torrent said:

looool why did i not see that pmsl

anything you find on wish.com is a scam and so are most used cards being sold by people trying to get their money back from someone who is exacting a great GPU for such a low price. if you want to really save money, then always buy new either from the manufacturer themselves or from a company you know and trust as the card will come with a warranty.