Sony 65ing XG85 fogging

I have just hung one of these on my wall and noticed quite a bit of fogging, especially in one corner. According to the Sony support page, this should improve over time. Is this correct? I find it a little annoying at the moment. I have dropped the brightness and black point a bit but it is still a little intrusive.

Yep, that kind of black uniformity 

10 hours ago, Phill104 said:

General uniformity. It looks worse in this shot than it actually looks in person but it says it all.

2FF60F2D-6A3C-4AD6-9DB9-5CA5220DEADD.jpeg

Is this new?  This looks really bad even in photos.  I'd want to send the pictures to their support staff and ask if this is really what should be expected that will clear up.

1 hour ago, PineyCreek said:

Is this new?  This looks really bad even in photos.  I'd want to send the pictures to their support staff and ask if this is really what should be expected that will clear up.

Yep, only got it yesterday which is why I am a little concerned. Some sites suggest this is normal, but I would expect better from a set costing over £1000. My older Sony looks much better.

33 minutes ago, Phill104 said:

Yep, only got it yesterday which is why I am a little concerned. Some sites suggest this is normal, but I would expect better from a set costing over £1000. My older Sony looks much better.

Yeah, take a picture of it in operation without other light sources...if it still looks that bad, I'd ask to send pictures to their support and verify.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:54 AM, PineyCreek said:

Yeah, take a picture of it in operation without other light sources...if it still looks that bad, I'd ask to send pictures to their support and verify.

CostCo didn’t even ask questions and just refunded and replaced. Top service as ever and even got a £40 discount on the replacement as their offer had changed.

Just finished installing the new set, which is not an easy task being so big, and doing it on my own as the kids are in a foul mood. This time black is black and there is no bleeding or fogging to be seen anywhere. Glad I made the effort despite it being hard work. I know it would have annoyed me forever more had I not done something.

9 hours ago, Phill104 said:

CostCo didn’t even ask questions and just refunded and replaced. Top service as ever and even got a £40 discount on the replacement as their offer had changed.

Just finished installing the new set, which is not an easy task being so big, and doing it on my own as the kids are in a foul mood. This time black is black and there is no bleeding or fogging to be seen anywhere. Glad I made the effort despite it being hard work. I know it would have annoyed me forever more had I not done something.

Excellent to hear, and I agree with your statement on CostCo.  They've always been fair to me as well.

On 3/25/2020 at 11:30 AM, Phill104 said:

Good to hear..that definitely did not look anything like normal to my eyes, At least not for a fairly nice TV like that

Inari - Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3400, eVGA RTX 3080 FTW3, Corsair Crystal 680X, 2x Corsair MP510 960gb SSD, 1x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD, 2x Toshiba 5TB HDDs, Acer Predator X27, Lots of Sony camera equipment

Asus RoG Zephyrus G15 5900HS/3070/QHD On Order

15 minutes ago, KenjiS9965 said:

Good to hear..that definitely did not look anything like normal to my eyes, At least not for a fairly nice TV like that

Thanks. It looked worse on the photo than in practice, but it was annoying and certainly more than I would have expected. The replacement is excellent so well done to LG for making such a nice panel. It is surprisingly good for gaming with very little lag and a decent refresh rate.