White light on the bottom left of the laptop even after shut down.

LukeMichael27

I have a Hp beats special edition 15-P030NR laptop.

The it works perfectly fine but when I turn it off there is a small light on the monitor that is still on. Sometimes it flickers. I’ve tried to check the connectors on the motherboard and they seem to be fine. In a dark room, the screen does a creepy blinking thing even when I power it down. Can anyone tell me what’s wrong? It only happens at the bottom left of the screen near the charging port (even if the charger is unplugged or when the battery is connected). I’ve also tried changing the battery to a newer one and it’s still there. It’s impossible to take a picture with my camera as the light is too dim. 

wait, so is it the screen itself, like the display flickering? or is there an external LED somehow on the side of the bezels of the display? I'm confused... 
if it's the former, you may just have a faulty screen that's having a rough time. if it's an external LED, then really you don't have a problem..

also, check the magnets on the left and right sides of the palm rests of the laptop, left and right of the trackpad. there should be magnets in the chassis of the laptop, get any magnet, and play around with it on either side of the rest pads, the display should completely turn off, *IF* you have the settings in windows to turn the display of when you close the lid of the laptop..

3 minutes ago, iBoolGuy said:

wait, so is it the screen itself, like the display flickering? or is there an external LED somehow on the side of the bezels of the display? I'm confused... 
if it's the former, you may just have a faulty screen that's having a rough time. if it's an external LED, then really you don't have a problem..

also, check the magnets on the left and right sides of the palm rests of the laptop, left and right of the trackpad. there should be magnets in the chassis of the laptop, get any magnet, and play around with it on either side of the rest pads, the display should completely turn off, *IF* you have the settings in windows to turn the display of when you close the lid of the laptop..

Ok, I’m guessing it’s the LED on the edges of the screen since the brightest part of the screen is at the bottom left and it seems to be behind the notch/bezels of the display. It flickers and lights up 1/3 of the screen very faintly. ive taken a photo of it, I don’t really know if you can see it. Try increasing the brightness on your display. If it’s the LED and nothing is wrong, that’s a big relief. Thanks a lot. 

C15F6622-1167-4E12-B7AD-60A2820D183E.jpeg