Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AluminiumTech

What do I need to fix this sound?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi,

On my desktop I’m having issues driving headphones using onboard sound from the motherboard.

I’m using Bluetooth headphones right now, specifically the Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT.

The max volume is not incredibly loud on my desktop. Various laptops I’ve used and phones drive the headphones much better and are able to play music at louder volumes. 

I’m soon going to be changing headphones to the Sennheiser HD 450BT and I’d like to try to get this issue sorted out.

What should I get to solve this issue? My budget for any solution is probably £60-70 at most.

Forgive me in advance, I am a complete noob with sound cards, dacs, amps, etc.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

iPhone 8 Plus (Mid 2019 to present)

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with 2019 GPU upgrades) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

Try 

setting

System

sound

Sound control panel -- Top right corner

And see in the properties of your devices 

See levels

Possible the volume changed

8 minutes ago, Zmax said:

Try 

setting

System

sound

Sound control panel -- Top right corner

And see in the properties of your devices 

See levels

Possible the volume changed

Nope. At 50% volume my laptop sounded 2x louder on the headphones than my desktop at 50%.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill

Samaritan XL (Early 2018 - present with 2019 GPU upgrades) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz ,  Asus ROG Strix RX Vega 56 , Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

1 hour ago, ShearMe said:

How does the nice one work with Bluetooth headphones?

5 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

It doesn't. Bluetooth headphones have their own amp. Any issue with volume differences between devices is a software issue, Bluetooth headphones should sound identical (minus any custom eq stuff) no matter what they're connected to.

Also, your onboard sound isn't involved when using Bluetooth, only your computer's Bluetooth chip.

20 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

My bad, totally skimmed past the mention of bluetooth... Vitamanic is correct in that no equipment is going to change the functionality of the bluetooth headphones.

Have you disabled all audio enhancements in windows?

17 hours ago, ShearMe said:

My bad, totally skimmed past the mention of bluetooth... Vitamanic is correct in that no equipment is going to change the functionality of the bluetooth headphones.

Have you disabled all audio enhancements in windows?

On 2/28/2020 at 7:12 AM, Vitamanic said:

It doesn't. Bluetooth headphones have their own amp. Any issue with volume differences between devices is a software issue, Bluetooth headphones should sound identical (minus any custom eq stuff) no matter what they're connected to.

Also, your onboard sound isn't involved when using Bluetooth, only your computer's Bluetooth chip.

So any discrepancy would be Bluetooth related?

If that’s the case should I replace the Bluetooth dongle?

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

So any discrepancy would be Bluetooth related?

If that’s the case should I replace the Bluetooth dongle?

I don't think the dongle will make a difference. Try it on another PC/Laptop that doesn't have low volume.