Will Seasonic Focus SGX-450 fit in Fractal Design Node 202?

Go to solution Solved by SHDBuilder,

Now that I assembled the system with that combo, I can confirm that Seasonic Focus SGX-450 does fit in Fractal Design Node 202 with NO modifications required. I don't know why half of the people I asked had to remove that leg/rod which is needed to screw bottom and top cover together. Maybe there're different revisions of the Node 202 we don't know about... or maybe they did something wrong...

I should also note that because of the size of PSU and cables that come out of it, there's no available space for 2.5" drive cage that comes preinstalled in Node 202.

Hi.
Node 202 is compatible with SFX PSUs up to 130mm long. Seasonic Focus SGX-450 PSU is SFX-L, but it is 125mm long.
I found 3 builds on pcpartpicker with that combo, and in one of the builds the guy had to cut the case for power cable to fit (he states that he used SGX-500, but dimensions should be the same). Other builds did not report any issues, and I can't tell by their pictures if they had to do the same. Maybe these guys did something differently (e.g. replaced power cable)?
This is the only decent (tier-A) SFX PSU that is currently available in my country, so hopefully I can make it work without cutting the case...

Maybe someone on these forums built the system with that combo and can confirm that it can fit?

34 minutes ago, SHDBuilder said:

Node 202 is compatible with SFX PSUs up to 130mm long. Seasonic Focus SGX-450 PSU is SFX-L, but it is 125mm long.

You have answered your own question. 

@GoldenLag Well, if you think about it, any PSU (even ATX) will fit right? Just cut the hell out of the case, and no problem.

2 minutes ago, SHDBuilder said:

@GoldenLag Well, if you think about it, any PSU (even ATX) will fit right? Just cut the hell out of the case, and no problem.

Its an SFX PSU. And you have checked its lenght. 

It fits.

7 minutes ago, SHDBuilder said:

Do I have to do this?

node202.png

That appears to be for routing the power cable along the back side. 

In other words, that is up to you. 

Okay, maybe I don't understand something. In my original post I mentioned build with the guy stating that he had to remove one of four rods, otherwise power cable would prevent the case from closing (other builds either didn't have that issue or forgot to mention it in description). I don't own Node 202, so I can only guess. Judging by the pictures he cut this part, and I have no idea why would one cut it unless power cable doesn't fit in there.

4 hours ago, SHDBuilder said:

. Judging by the pictures he cut this part, and I have no idea why would one cut it unless power cable doesn't fit in there

Yeah i cant see why you would need to cut in the case either. 

At worst you need to return a part or modify the case slightly. 

I doubt its and issue. 

Yeah, the issue is apparently connector position for power cable on PSU. Because of this and the way power cable is routed, it doesn't leave enough room for one of these rods:

node202_2.png

1 hour ago, SHDBuilder said:

Yeah, the issue is apparently connector position for power cable on PSU. Because of this and the way power cable is routed, it doesn't leave enough room for one of these rods:

You can use this to solve that problem: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Adapter-Plug-IEC-C14-Male-to-C13-Female-Up-90-Degree-Angled-Wall-mounted-/372642957104

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti and RTX 6800 | Corshair psu

5 hours ago, SHDBuilder said:

Found more relevant pictures of the issue on the internet https://imgur.com/gallery/xqVMCEj.

Also messaged people who made builds with the same combo. So far it's quite controversial whether or not case modification is needed.

No I didn't modify anything to make it fit in the build I did.

The modular cables were a tight fit. But no modification was required

9 hours ago, StarsMars said:

No I didn't modify anything to make it fit in the build I did.

The modular cables were a tight fit. But no modification was required

Thanks for the info.

No doubt in my mind modular cables will fit. Hopefully power cable will not conflict with the case as well.

It's still very controversial. I am going to order Seasonic and Node 202 myself now. I will post my findings here.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I assembled the system with that combo, I can confirm that Seasonic Focus SGX-450 does fit in Fractal Design Node 202 with NO modifications required. I don't know why half of the people I asked had to remove that leg/rod which is needed to screw bottom and top cover together. Maybe there're different revisions of the Node 202 we don't know about... or maybe they did something wrong...

I should also note that because of the size of PSU and cables that come out of it, there's no available space for 2.5" drive cage that comes preinstalled in Node 202.

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 4:52 AM, SHDBuilder said:

I recently got the node 202. I also got the SeaSonic SGX 500 watt. I was able to connect all cables, keep the 2.5" cage with my 1TB in it and not have to remove any leg/rod. It all was a tight fit though. I also was able to run the PCI-E power cable behind the 2.5" cage to connect my RX 570 GPU

• 7 months later...

Hi all.

Sorry for necroposting but I have this exact problem and the highlighted "solutiuon", provided no solution at all. Would it be possible to see a photo from somone that managed to make this PSU/case combo fit? I can't put its top cover back in because of the power cord.

Thank you.

Edited by Francoiky
Errors. English in not my mother tongue.