So, I keep getting the same BSOD error. (Windows 7)

Freddyhun

I keep getting the error 'KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR' and I can't do anything about it. 

When the PC launched back for the 500th time, I got 'Files that help describe the problem', and here they are:

C:\Windows\Minidump\021620-10452-01.dmp
  C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-25006-0.sysdata.xml

I mainly get the error when playing GTA V.

My CPU and GPU are: i7-2600k 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, GT 730 (i will be upgrading GPU, of course)

Nice way to share a dump file :)

Disconnect all USB devices, run virus scan, make sure you have plenty of free disk space. Run CHKDSK. Also make sure none of RAM sticks are broken.

2 minutes ago, RageTester said:

Make sure you have plenty of free disk space. Run CHKDSK.

Well, do I have enough space?drives.PNG.70230a40bc271fd3fbdc675da2a88dee.PNG

17 minutes ago, Freddyhun said:

I keep getting the error 'KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR' and I can't do anything about it. 

When the PC launched back for the 500th time, I got 'Files that help describe the problem', and here they are:

C:\Windows\Minidump\021620-10452-01.dmp
  C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-25006-0.sysdata.xml

I mainly get the error when playing GTA V.

My CPU and GPU are: i7-2600k 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, GT 730 (i will be upgrading GPU, of course)

So in general this can be several things. It could be you don't have enough virtual memory setup. It could mean there are bad sectors on the drive where the page file is located. It could even be a issue with memory despite this saying it is a page file error.

So is your main OS on an SSD or an HDD. Have you tried running a dsk check? Have you tried checking your fragmentation level or running a trim if on SSD. This error points to corruption in the page file in one form or another... it could even be from a bad overclock which is causing calculation errors.

4 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

So is your main OS on an SSD or an HDD. Have you tried running a dsk check? Have you tried checking your fragmentation level or running a trim if on SSD.

My OS is on an SSD, I've ran a CHKDSK before but not much came of it (will try again today), and no I haven't checked my fragmentation leve

4 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

it could even be from a bad overclock which is causing calculation errors.

Well, I've never overclocked anything, ever.

17 minutes ago, Freddyhun said:

My OS is on an SSD, I've ran a CHKDSK before but not much came of it (will try again today), and no I haven't checked my fragmentation leve

Well, I've never overclocked anything, ever.

Are you doing it from command line. In windows 10 click the little search magnifying glass in bottom left and type CMD don't hit enter. You will see the Command Prompt App, right click it and select "run as administrator"

once in the command prompt you will want to type:

chkdsk /f /r c :        (no space on the c and : but it kept turning it into a smiley lol)

I am assuming your main drive is C:. Now this scan will take a decent bit, but it is a much more in depth scan than just going to drive properties and doing it.

Also you don't have to worry about defrag if on an SSD. You will just want to run a TRIM, which I think uses the same optimize button.

12 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Are you doing it from command line. In windows 10 click the little search magnifying glass in bottom left and type CMD don't hit enter. You will see the Command Prompt App, right click it and select "run as administrator"
once in the command prompt you will want to type:

chkdsk /f /r c :        (no space on the c and : but it kept turning it into a smiley lol)

I am assuming your main drive is C:. Now this scan will take a decent bit, but it is a much more in depth scan than just going to drive properties and doing it.

Well, I did the CHKDSK. It said there were no errors, yet I still get the BSOD error.

12 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Also you don't have to worry about defrag if on an SSD. You will just want to run a TRIM, which I think uses the same optimize button.

I ran a TRIM after I got the BSOD error again.

Will be reporting back if I get the error again.

Edit: Just got it again, and I wasn't even playing GTA V...

3 hours ago, Freddyhun said:

Well, I did the CHKDSK. It said there were no errors, yet I still get the BSOD error.

I ran a TRIM after I got the BSOD error again.

Will be reporting back if I get the error again.

Edit: Just got it again, and I wasn't even playing GTA V...

Try pulling a stick of memory (if you have two) and testing... then replacing and pulling the other.

After that you can try a sfc scan incase or windows file corruption. You will use the previous steps for getting command line as an admin and then typing. SFC /scannow

8 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Try pulling a stick of memory (if you have two) and testing... then replacing and pulling the other.

After that you can try a sfc scan incase or windows file corruption. You will use the previous steps for getting command line as an admin and then typing. SFC /scannow

Well, I can't access the inside of the computer because its in a spot where it'll be really hard for me to take it out, or put it back.

I'll definitely do the SFC scan though, and I'll make sure to edit this post with the results.

Edit: I did the scan, and it said 'Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.'

If you can't access your computer hardware, then don't even think about serious solving computer problems. Not everything is possible to solve using mouse and keyboard only.

26 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

If you can't access your computer hardware, then don't even think about serious solving computer problems. Not everything is possible to solve using mouse and keyboard only.

Thank you, Sherlock.