Star Citizen refusing to launch.

Osmium

Yes I have tried navigating to the folder location and doing it there with the launcher open and repairing the download. Any solutions or am I screwed until some later update...

Yes I do have a 64 bit OS with 8GB of RAM as well.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

• 2 weeks later...

you could always try to reinstall your windows "/

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Star Citizen requires a DX11 capable graphics card, if you don't have that then it will not launch.

If you do, it is likely that you need to install a common distributable like Visual C++ 2005, 2008 and 2010, update DirectX, etc.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

When did this start happen? After the last occulus rift patch? 

Have you tried totally reinstalling Star Citizen? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

• 2 weeks later...

you could always try to reinstall your windows "/

I won't reinstall my OS just for the pre-pre alpha version of this game. I am excited for it but I am not going that far.

Star Citizen requires a DX11 capable graphics card, if you don't have that then it will not launch.

If you do, it is likely that you need to install a common distributable like Visual C++ 2005, 2008 and 2010, update DirectX, etc.

I am certain I have all of those currently installed and my GPU is more than capable of running SS.

When did this start happen? After the last occulus rift patch? 

Have you tried totally reinstalling Star Citizen? 

I bought/pledged for the game before the occulus patch and after the patch it still will not run.

Too all I have re installed multiple times, tried to run directly from the .exe, run as administrator and the usual fixes but nothing basic works. Am I just screwed? 

(Sorry for the long delay but I forgot about this thread for awhile xD)

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Have you totally reinstalled Visual C++ and DirectX? All other games run fine right? Does nothing happen at all when you try to launch the game? Have you looked for the process in task manager after trying to run it? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Maybe check the Windows Logs>Applications to see if there is any errors being reported for SS. Launch SS, and then check the logs since it should be at the top of the list.

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

Im having the same issue as th op, worked fine before the last set of patches now it wont open.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump